Using Leopard Imaging IMX185 with L4T R28.2 on TX2

In the document “NVIDIA Tegra Linux Driver Package Development Guide 28.2 Release”, there is a description about “Using the Leopard Imaging IMX185 Cameera Module on Jetson TX1 Devices” in the chapter “Camera Development”.

But, R28.2 supports TX2 only. Is there a description about using the Leopard Imaging IMX185 Camera Module on Jetson TX2 Devices?

Best Regards,

hello nanoto,

R28.2 supports TX2 only.
this is not correct, release 28.2 not release yet. formal 28.2 release will support both TX1 and TX2.
JetPack 3.2 Developer Preview supports TX2 only.

you can try to launch IMX185 with JetPack 3.2 Developer Preview,
thanks

Hi JerryChang,

Thanks for your reply.
I download the sources of tegra-l4t-r28.2-rc and see it.

I have two additional questions.

Q1.
I can’t find the file “tegra210-jetson-cv-camera-li-mipi-adpt-a01-devkit.dtb”.
Where can I find this file?

Q2.
The bootloader/t210/ref/p2371-2180-devkit/extlinux.conf.* files don’t include the following line.

FDT /boot/tegra210-jetson-tx1-p2597-2180-a01-devkit.dtb

Do I have to add this line myself instead of above?

FDT /boot/tegra210-jetson-cv-camera-li-mipi-adpt-a01-devkit.dtb

Best Regards,

hello nanoto,

we did combine several module device trees into t210 dtb files.
there’s no necessary to modify the extlinux.conf files to add the module device tree.
moreover, you could disassembler the dtb file into txt file to review that.
thanks

dtc -I dtb -O dts -o temp.txt tegra210-jetson-tx1-p2597-2180-a01-devkit.dtb

hi JerryChang,

Thanks for your reply.
Is the information about IMX185 in this document not useful now, because it does not match with the current situation?

Best Regards,

hello nanoto,

may i have more details about what’s the information you’re looking for?
Leopard Imaging IMX185 Camera Module works on several JetPack releases with TX1 and TX2.
thanks

hi JerryChang,

Thanks for your reply.
I’m looking for the information to connect our custom CSI2 camera to TX2 (and/or TX1).
So, I am reading to the NVIDIA Tegra Linux Driver Package Development Guide.
Also, I’d like to get the sample source to understand where I have to customize anything of kernel…
Is there any good information?

Best Regards,

hello nanoto,

you can refer to below file to check sensor drivers for TX1 and TX2

R28.1_sources/kernel/kernel-4.4/drivers/media/i2c/imx185.c

since the paths are different, please check below for TX1’s camera sensor device tree

R28.1_sources/hardware/nvidia/platform/t210/jetson/kernel-dts/jetson-platforms/tegra210-camera-imx185-a00.dtsi

and TX2 as below,

R28.1_sources/hardware/nvidia/platform/t18x/common/kernel-dts/t18x-common-modules/tegra186-camera-li-mipi-adpt-a00.dtsi

in addition, you’re able to catch more details from the [Sensor Driver Programming Guide] which is included in the [NVIDIA Tegra Linux Driver Package Development Guide]. thanks

hi JerryChang,

Thank you for your reply.
I will get something from your information.

Best Regards,