Inconsistent Classifier Labels

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) GPU (GTX 1060)
• DeepStream Version 5.0.1
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only) N/A
• TensorRT Version 7.0.0
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) 460.80

Hello,

I have a multilabel classifier model that I’m running as a secondary classifier using nvinferserver plugin. The primary detector is run on the nvinfer plugin.

I noticed that I am getting different output on the classifier labels over a few runs on the same input source. When I disabled the tracker, however, the classifier was able to consistently output the same results. I’ve tried to disable async_mode for the classifier, but results are still inconsistent when the tracker is enabled.

To compare the results between runs, I modified ds-example to dump NvDsObjectMeta.object_id, NvDsObjectMeta.detector_bbox_info, NvDsClassifierMeta.obj_label, and NvDsLabelInfo.result_label from NvDsFrameMeta. The tracking ID, bounding boxes, and object labels are consistently the same, regardless of whether there is a tracker or not. I’ve also separately dumped the GstBuffer data as Base64, and found no differences between runs. Only the classifier labels in NvDsLabelInfo.result_labelare inconsistent when the tracker is on.

I managed to reproduce this issue with deepstream-app using the following configuration:

(modified from samples/configs/deepstream-app-trtis/source4_1080p_dec_infer-resnet_tracker_sgie_tiled_display_int8.txt)
source4_1080p_dec_infer-resnet_tracker_sgie_tiled_display_int8.txt (5.7 KB)

(modified from samples/configs/deepstream-app-trtis/config_infer_secondary_plan_engine_vehicletypes.txt)
config_infer_secondary_plan_engine_vehicletypes.txt (2.2 KB)

I ran this a total of 5 times, each time the NvDsLabelInfo.result_label of some detections are different. When the tracker is disabled in source4_1080p_dec_infer-resnet_tracker_sgie_tiled_display_int8.txt, however, the results between runs become consistent.

I’ve attached the logs from the runs with tracker on below:

trtis_track_sync_1.txt (3.0 MB)
trtis_track_sync_2.txt (3.0 MB)
trtis_track_sync_3.txt (3.0 MB)

Sorry for the late response, we will do the update soon. Thanks

Any updates on this?

Hey customer, we will do some optimization when tracker enabled, you can refer Gst-nvinfer — DeepStream 6.1.1 Release documentation

I only found this issue with models running on nvinferserver. I don’t have the logs anymore from my tests on nvinfer, but secondary classifiers running on nvinfer with tracker did not have this issue as far as I can recall.

@shaun.lee could you use latest DS6.0 to check if the issue persist?