Install Cuda10.0.1 on Ubuntu16.04, No "NsightCompute-2019.3" folder

while I install cuda tools on ubuntu16.04 with GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. but when I install cuda and reboot, not find “NsightCompute-2019.3” on path “/usr/local/cuda-10.1/”, so I could not do “$ export PATH=/usr/local/cuda-10.1/bin:/usr/local/cuda-10.1/NsightCompute-2019.1${PATH:+:${PATH}}” command, could you help me to find the reason and how to solve this problem.

Below is my steps refers to your website(Installation Guide Linux :: CUDA Toolkit Documentation):

1. $ sudo dpkg -i cuda-repo-.deb
  2. $ sudo apt-key add /var/cuda-repo-/7fa2af80.pub
  3. $ sudo apt-get update
  4. $ sudo apt-get install cuda

and I have checked pre-installation actions is OK.

whether someone has the same issue as me, how to solve this problem.

I install cuda 10 on ubuntu 18.04, and same to me

@wang ruowei

I upgrade my ubuntu system from 16.04 to 18.04, it’s ok.

but don’t know why can not work on 16.04.

Same thing with me on ubuntu 18.04. I can’t find the NsightCompute-2019.4 folder on path "/usr/local/cuda-10.1

Could someone help us?

Nsight Compute now installs in

/opt/nvidia/nsight-compute

to be consistent with Nsight Systems. However, there are scripts in the /usr/local//bin directory that point to this, so adding the CUDA bin directory to PATH should be sufficient now.

1 Like

I just installed CUDA 10.2 in Ubuntu 18.04 and was setting up the environment following NVIDIA documentation.

It said to:

The PATH variable needs to include /usr/local/cuda-10.2/bin and /usr/local/cuda-10.2/NsightCompute-. refers to the version of Nsight Compute that ships with the CUDA toolkit, e.g. 2019.1.

To add this path to the PATH variable:

$ export PATH=/usr/local/cuda-10.2/bin:/usr/local/cuda-10.2/NsightCompute-2019.1${PATH:+:${PATH}}

Problem: The directory /usr/local/cuda-10.2/NsightCompute-2019.1 does not exist,
Reality: Rather, like what @felix_dt wrote, the directory should be /opt/nvidia/nsight-compute/2019.5.0.

I think the NVIDIA installation documentation should write:

$ export PATH=/usr/local/cuda-10.2/bin:/opt/nvidia/nsight-compute/2019.5.0${PATH:+:${PATH}}

or

$ export PATH=/usr/local/cuda-10.2/bin${PATH:+:${PATH}} given that there are scripts in the /usr/local/bin directory already points to /opt/nvidia/nsight-compute/2019.5.0.

Am I correct?

You are correct, explicitly adding the Nsight Compute directory to PATH should not be necessary, and the version referred to by the CUDA 10.2 toolkit is not up-to-date.

Both issues are already fixed for the latest CUDA 11.0 toolkit, please check the updated documentation here: Installation Guide Linux :: CUDA Toolkit Documentation (except for some apparent typos, which I’ll be following up with internally).

1 Like