nv-nsight-cu-cli: command not found

I already installed the NVIDIA Driver 418.67 and Cuda 10.1.168 in my server. The nvprof can work well, but when I want to try use nsight in command line (nv-nsight-cu-cli), it shows: command not found.

I check /usr/local/cuda-10.1/NsightCompute-2019.3, it has nv-nsight-cu-cli and nv-nsight-cu, but both show " command not found " when test. So how to figure out it?

A shortcut nv-nsight-cu-cli is located in the base directory (/usr/local/cuda-10.1/NsightCompute-2019.3) of the NVIDIA Nsight Compute installation. The actual executable is located in target/linux-desktop-glibc_2_11_3-x64 on Linux.

Can you please try with using the full path:

/usr/local/cuda-10.1/NsightCompute-2019.3/nv-nsight-cu-cli

Yes, it works, thanks a lot.

Hi sorry for the intrupting , I have a same issue with cuda 12.1 in usr/local/cuda-12.1 file there is no such a file nsightcompute what I am going to do now?

What do you see in usr/local/cuda-12.1/ ?

NsightCompute file it self, I mean I can acsess nsight compute UI but I can not acsees by code ;
There is example :
seafortune@precison3561:~$ cd ~/Documents/PolyBench-ACC-master/CUDA/datamining/correlation/
seafortune@precison3561:~/Documents/PolyBench-ACC-master/CUDA/datamining/correlation$ nv-nsight-cu-cli --metrics mean_warps,sm_efficiency --csv ./correlation.exe
Command ‘nv-nsight-cu-cli’ not found, but can be installed with:
sudo apt install nsight-compute
seafortune@precison3561:~/Documents/PolyBench-ACC-master/CUDA/datamining/correlation$ sudo apt install nsight-compute
[sudo] password for seafortune:
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree… Done
Reading state information… Done
Note, selecting ‘nsight-compute-2023.1.1’ instead of ‘nsight-compute’
nsight-compute-2023.1.1 is already the newest version (2023.1.1.4-1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.
seafortune@precison3561:~/Documents/PolyBench-ACC-master/CUDA/datamining/correlation$ nv-nsight-cu-cli --metrics mean_warps,sm_efficiency --csv ./correlation.exe
Command ‘nv-nsight-cu-cli’ not found, but can be installed with:
sudo apt install nsight-compute
seafortune@precison3561:~/Documents/PolyBench-ACC-master/CUDA/datamining/correlation$

but I have the aplication

nv-nsight-cu-cli is an outdated cli command. Can you try just “ncu” as the binary name?

Can you share the output of "ls /usr/local/cuda-12.1/ "
Also, “which ncu” or “which ncu-ui”

I solved the problem by using ncu and locating the folder of nsight compute. Nsight compute is located in the following file on my computer -opt/nvidia/nsight-compute/2023.1.1/ file