Internet Connection under JetPack4.3

I have an issue with internet connection. My Xavier runs JetPack4.3.
When I turned on the Xavier, I couldn’t find the wifi.
When I connected the Xavier with a router by Ethernet cable, I still couldn’t connect to internet.
Can anyone tell me how to do internet connection on Xavier ?

You’d have to set up WiFi of course, and any Ubuntu documentation would work for that. The wired ethernet port should set up correctly by itself if the router provided an address. Sometimes security settings in the router requires knowing the MAC address. Was the wired ethernet connected during boot?

For debugging you might show the output from these commands:

ifconfig
route

When flashing, I connected Xavier with the host by type-c. And my cellphone was connected to the host as hotspot. I could connect to internet on Xavier.
However, after I restarted the host, the internet connection on Xavier lost.
I couldn’t find any wifi signal on Xavier after I set up wifi. It said that I need a USB wireless network interface card. Dose it work? Which type should I choose?
I also tried to connect the Xavier to a router by ethernet cable, but it still didn’t work either start first and then network, or network first and then start. Dose it mean I need to do something about the MAC address as you mentioned or anything else?

When flashing, I connected Xavier with the host by type-c. And my cellphone was connected to the host as hotspot. I could connect to internet on Xavier.
However, after I restarted the host, the internet connection on Xavier lost.
I couldn’t find any wifi signal on Xavier after I set up wifi. It said that I need a USB wireless network interface card. Dose it work? Which type should I choose?
I also tried to connect the Xavier to a router by ethernet cable, but it still didn’t work either start first and then network, or network first and then start. Dose it mean I need to do something about the MAC address as you mentioned or anything else?

I have no WiFi recommendations, but USB and “M.2 Key E” are the possibilities (there are two M.2 slots, but only one is “key E”…one is visible on the dev kit carrier board without removing it, the other requires temporarily removing the carrier board to see it…the “key E” is the one you can see without removing the carrier board). I think this is considered a “half length” slot, rather than the longer full length. As far as I know there is no WiFi directly included in the development kit (unless you added hardware the WiFi setup won’t work).

The type-C provides connection between host PC and Jetson. If bridging is enabled on the PC, then the Jetson can also use the internet through that connection. If you use the actual ethernet port to a router, then things are simplified (at least once flash is finished).

Any USB ethernet dongle which is known to work with Ubuntu should work with the Xavier. There might be a need to add a kernel module if the module does not exist by default (if you know which dongle, then you can find out which kernel driver is used, and this would be something you could check to see if the Jetson directly supports it without installing another driver).

you may try to check at your router dhcp section if dhcp server is enabled for ethernet ports of the router, and if it is enabled, then Xavier should acquire an ip address and have an Internet connection in case it is wired with an ethernet cable directly to the router.
If you are connecting ehternet cable to a computer to where a hotspot device is connected - you will have to share the connection in a way the computer will issue to the Xavier dhcp settings.
For Wifi for example you may consider: “eg: M2, Intel Wireless-AC 8265, USB RTL8192U chipset” source
However, what is the output of execution of

ifconfig

in case you got the device connected to the router with ethernet cable?