Interruption error occurred during massflash

hello jiangyinghao,

let’s try not using l4t_initrd_flash.sh at this moment,
could you please confirm you’re able to flash these targets by SDKManager?

It is OK to use sdk manager. Is the onboard information I use correct? Because the onboard information you used was not found at the end of the readme file.

hello jiangyinghao,

board information depends-on your hardware. you may check flashing logs for confirmation.
for example, Board ID(3701) version(RC1) sku(0000) revision(C.0)

Sorry, I still don’t know where to find my onboard information. Could you tell me more about it? My problem has not been solved. Is there any other solution?

hello jiangyinghao,

it’s flashing process to parse board info by board communication.
since it’s able to flash by SDKManager, please revisit the flashing messages. you may export logs by SDKManager and searching Board ID for confirmation.

Hello, I see this is written in my log, but it corresponds to readme from time to time. I don’t know whether this is correct. 500 is the version instead of FAB. Why does my Readme file not have this information on the board?
Board ID(3701) version(500) sku(0000) revision(J.0)

this is actually FAB. you may dig into flash.sh and check process_board_version for details.

Board ID(3701) version(500) sku(0000) revision(J.0)
this is my log info.
But this does not affect my mistakes, which is strange

Have you tested the stability of the USB shared network card? This seems to be caused by the interruption of the transmission process. My problem has not been solved yet. I hope you can pay attention to this problem. Thank you!

hello jiangyinghao,

we test massflash by connected several Jetson devices to host desktop with USB ports, or USB hub.
may I know what’s the actual target connections, what’s the role of your USB shared network card?

I see that the massfsh is mounted through the “NFS” network. I guess it is mounted through the USB shared network card. Is it like this? My problem is still unresolved.

That is more related to how initrd flash tool is implemented. Initrd flash may use usb shared network to do the flash.

Hi jiangyinghao,

Please follow below steps and run again:

1. Download JP-5.0.2 again from: Jetson Linux 35.1 | NVIDIA Developer
  2. Check your board info first before run the massflash command:
    $ cat /etc/nv_boot_control.conf
  3. Make sure BOARDID, FAB, BOARDSKU and BOARDREV are the same with steps-2.
$ sudo BOARDID=3701 FAB=500 BOARDSKU=0000 BOARDREV=J.0 ROOTFS_AB=1 ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --no-flash --massflash 1 jetson-agx-orin-devkit mmcblk0p1
$ sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --flash-only --massflash 1

Is this updated? My code is the GA version released for the first time, probably in the middle of August.

Hi jiangyinghao,

The middle of August is JetPack-5.0.2 (r35.1), should be the same with your test.
Suggest you can download again to confirm. Thanks!

Hello, the same error still occurs after I download the image again according to your method. Have you tested the large image before? My image is about 16G. Is it caused by the image size?

It may not be caused by images, because small images can also cause this problem.

Hi jiangyinghao,

Can you provide more detail about your question now?
Why it cause by image size? Are you using default kernel Image?

In order to use the downloaded new “Linux_for_Tega” compression package and use the built-in kernel image, this problem still occurs. Are you not sure what my problem is? I think what I have described is very clear. Where are you not clear now? Is there a way to communicate or a better solution?

請問一下你有沒有完整的log可以給? 整串看下來log都是被你截過的

不知道有沒有完整的log檔可以分享?

有些log看下來看起來就是你host端的一些問題, 不太像是我們這邊能複製到的
比方說比方說以下這個

Could you try to share the full log instead of always truncated the log by yourself?
The log you shared also indicated this seems a problem on your host. But not something we can reproduce.