Invalid module format after upgrading jetpack

I recently updated jetpack from 4.3 to 4.5 using OTA (on the air update)

Now i have a .ko file from jetpack 4.3 version, when i tried to insert that module in 4.5 version it says “could not insert module Invalid module format”.

Do i need to make any further modifications?

Invalid format tends to be from the architecture being wrong. However, you would probably need to rebuild modules anyway when changing kernel. Is there a reason you want to use an old module and not have one built for the new kernel?

actually we downloaded the jetpack 4.3 from GitHub - jtagxhub/jetpack-agx-build: build assistant scripts for Nvidia Jetson platforms: AGX Xavier, TX2, TX1 and Nano .

In that site there is no build for jetpack 4.5 .

In xavier we updated using OTA method so now xavier is in 4.5 version but our build files are in 4.3 version.

How can we update our build(host) from 4.3 to 4.5

Someone else will need to answer that. I am not familiar with those assist scripts, but there are probably significant changes from each recent release such that if the scripts do not specifically include 4.5 it would break…don’t know for sure.

Hi,

Then please build your files with jp4.5 code.

We are using a custom camera driver .

can we use SDK to flash our custom driver to xavier agx by making changes to driver and device tree
if Yes what is the procedure.?

Hi,

This error is due to the kernel modules version are not same as kernel image.
Thus, the method how you flash something does not matter. It is not related to dtb either.

can we use SDK to flash our custom driver to xavier agx by making changes to driver and device tree

I am not sure what are you going to do. Are you trying to updgrae your driver on jp4.5 source?

i understood the error we solved it .

this is another doubt:
As i said we are using GitHub - jtagxhub/jetpack-agx-build: build assistant scripts for Nvidia Jetson platforms: AGX Xavier, TX2, TX1 and Nano . for building and flashing xavier by editing source files

can we use SDK to modify source files as per our requirement and flash Xavier?

I don’t suggest to totally rely on such tool from others github. It would cause problem when upgrading moment like this.

You can refer to l4t developer guide to know how to build kernel.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/kernel_custom.html#

BTW, there is no “sdk” involved here. Just makefile and lots of C code.

Ok Thank you will go through the document