Is it possible to support STARsolo features in rna_fq2bam

Hi Parabricks Team,

I hope you’re all doing well! I’m reaching out to discuss a potential enhancement to the rna_fq2bam tool in the Parabricks suite that I think many users, myself included, would find super valuable.

I’ve been using Parabricks for a while now, especially for RNA-Seq data analysis, and it’s been a game-changer in terms of speed and efficiency. Kudos to the team for developing such a powerful tool!

I wanted to ask if there’s any chance of integrating STARsolo into the rna_fq2bam pipeline. As you might know, STARsolo is a big deal for those of us working with single-cell RNA-seq data. It’s great for mapping, demultiplexing, and quantifying scRNA-seq data, particularly from 10X Genomics.

Adding STARsolo (STAR/docs/STARsolo.md at master · alexdobin/STAR · GitHub) to rna_fq2bam could seriously boost its functionality, making it a one-stop solution for single-cell RNA-seq analysis. It’d be fantastic to take advantage of Parabricks’ GPU acceleration for STARsolo’s tasks, speeding up our workflows even more.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks a ton for considering my suggestion, and keep up the fantastic work at Parabricks!

Chunyu Yu

Hi Chunyu, thank you so much for the suggestion here. We will evaluate this feature and decide if we want to add it into our roadmap.