Issue with failed connection between Isaac Sim and Ros2 docker container

Hi,

I am trying to connect to a host server and execute two separate docker containers with Isaac Sim and ros2 humble running on each. Then, I wanted to use omniverse streaming client to use GUI on my local computer. Lastly, I want to enable ros2 bridge inside Isaac sim docker container so that I could use ros2 commands in ros2 docker container and let it affect Isaac sim and vice versa.

Now several vital errors were found during this process. First, Isaac Sim streaming client was very unstable; it kept on failing after a short period.

Second, I tried to enable ros2 bridge in Isaac Sim streaming client, but it wouldn’t work. The weird thing is, ros1 bridge works just fine, even though I never installed ros1 locally, in the host computer, or in all the docker containers.

I followed all the instructions in the installation documents.

Container installation:

https://docs.omniverse.nvidia.com/isaacsim/latest/installation/install_container.html

ROS & ROS2 installation:

https://docs.omniverse.nvidia.com/isaacsim/latest/installation/install_ros.html#isaac-sim-app-install-ros

While following the document, I encountered another problem.
In ROS & ROS2 installation document, it says:

“If you are using a Isaac Sim ROS2 workspace, a fastdds.xml file is located at the root of the <ros2_ws> folder. Set the environment variable by typing export FASTRTPS_DEFAULT_PROFILES_FILE=<path_to_ros2_ws>/fastdds.xml in all the terminals that will use ROS2 functions, as well as setting it under “Extra Args” when launching Isaac Sim from the NVIDIA Omniverse™ Launcher.”

This instruction only tells us about settings in launching Isaac Sim from NVIDIA Omniverse launcher. How can I change the default setting so that it works just fine in Omniverse streaming client?

Hi @device.autopedia,

Regarding the ros2 bridge issue, I just encountered the same issue as you facing.
However, I found the following message from logs when executing runheadless.native.sh -v in docker container.

After exporting both environment variables(i.e. RMW_IMPLEMENTATION and LD_LIBRARY_PATH they mention) and relaunching, the ros2 bridge error disappeared and was already enabled in Isaac Sim streaming client.

@device.autopedia Please try the latest 4.0.0 version and suggestions from @FredericBRH0n9

Let us know if you are still having issues.