Jetosn Xavier shutdown/Hang Issue with Jetpack 4.6.0 in UAV Application

We are using Jetson Xavier Nx module 16GB emmc and Jetson Nano 16GB emmc with NX215 Career provided by AverMedia and AN110 provided by Aetina as a Companian computer in UAV/Drone in Air Unit to control/instruct Ardupilot powered Autopilot Cube Orange and for running some Custom buid Application for object detection on Yolov5.

We are Using Mavproxy to connect the UAV to Ground Station.

Below is the Performance Achieved by Jetson Nano and Jetson Xavier NX with different Combination

• Combination 1 (NX215 with Xavier NX 16GB)

Problem

As the UAV start takingoff/Navigating after 1 or 2 minutes Jetson shutdown/Hang and gets connected when we power cycle the Board.

• Combination 2 (NX215 with Jetson Nano 16GB)

No Issue Works Fine

I tried the same carrier Board NX215 with Jetson Nano 16GB emmc with same jetpack,

the jetson nano performance is outstanging We have tested Jetson Nano for more than 30 Flights But it never shutdown/Hang

• Combination 3 (AN110 carrier with Xavier NX 16GB)

Problem

As the UAV start takingoff/Navigating after 1 or 2 minutes Jetson shutdown/Hang and gets connected when we power cycle the Board.

• Combination 4 (AN110 with Jetson Nano 16GB)

No Issue Works Fine

We tried AN110 carrier Board with Jetson Nano 16GB emmc with same jetpack,

the jetson nano performance is outstanding We have tested Jetson Nano for more than 100 Flights But it never shutdown/Hang

The Jetpack version is 4.6 and power supply 12V/5A for all the combination.
Please help us to resolve Xavier NX Issue with Both Carrier Board NX215 and AN110

Hi,
So the two carrier boards are from different vendors and both work with Jetson Nano. Now the latest Jetpack 4 release is 4.6.3. Not sure if you can upgrade to the version and try again.

1 Like

Avermedia NX215 with Jetson Nano is working fine but I am unable to use UART as normal Control mode. By default it opens in debug mode.

Please guide me how to enable UART port as normal control.

@DaneLLL
We have tested the Jetson Xavier with NX215 Jetpack version 5.0, but the performance is same.

Hi,
The board vendor is AVerMedia and please contact the vendor for help. They shall be able to check and provide further suggestion.