Jetracer Python examples

The one I have is from Waveshare as I am running the Nano on a Jetracer Pro for a deep learning project, the image had jupyter python etc. It also had an old version of Tensorflow and I need 1.15! I will have a look at this image and see if I can make it work. This image looks good but will flash it and see. May I ask where you found this?

Many Thanks for the reply

Kind Regards

Graham

Seems good so far, a bit of debugging and this might work. Many thanks for this

Cheers

Graham

Everything seemed fine but now my camera is not working

RuntimeError Traceback (most recent call last)
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/jetcam-0.0.0-py3.6.egg/jetcam/csi_camera.py in init(self, *args, **kwargs)
23 if not re:
—> 24 raise RuntimeError(‘Could not read image from camera.’)
25 except:

RuntimeError: Could not read image from camera.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

RuntimeError Traceback (most recent call last)
in
1 from jetcam.csi_camera import CSICamera
----> 3 camera = CSICamera(width=224, height=224)

/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/jetcam-0.0.0-py3.6.egg/jetcam/csi_camera.py in init(self, *args, **kwargs)
25 except:
26 raise RuntimeError(
—> 27 ‘Could not initialize camera. Please see error trace.’)
29 atexit.register(self.cap.release)

RuntimeError: Could not initialize camera. Please see error trace.

So stuck again now!! I have tried reinstalling the jetcam and the jetcard, new camera and cable bit still nothing. I am using a CSI camera not a usb!

Cheers

Graham

Which jetcam did you use?
If you use the new JP44 image, you need to remove/install Jetcard and Jetracer package again.
I guess JetRacer pro has a same camera with the plain JetRacer kit.

1 Like

Hi

Thanks for the reply, it’s the PiCam v2 and basically did what you suggested and have now collected over 20k images and data, so back on track now.

Many Thanks

Good to hear that!

Hey, this may be a stupid question but is the best way to remove the packages to install them again? When I try it says it is still installed when I try to reinstall? I have so many issues with these images and no idea why!

Many Thanks

Graham

If you confused the packages, you’d better start from the bottom.

Hi,

I have heard that a firmware update will not allow older images to boot on the Nano. No idea about the truth, but it does look possible. I am using the new Nvidia image and installing from scratch. It’s a nightmare with so many errors, and the jet card is not responding. I am wondering why I am doing this at all! Fix one error and hit a dozen more.

Which version of Jetson Nano Developer Kit do you have?
If you have a B02 version which has 2 MIPI connectors, you may need Jetpack 4.4 or later.
If you use older than Jetpack 4.4, HDMI will not work.
But old version of Jetson Nano developer kit, you can use any Jetpack you want.
In my case, I use 4.4 JetRacer image.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I have the B01 so trying to use jetpack 4.4.

Cheers

Graham

G’luck