Jetson AGX Orin 64GB Development Kit - PCIe Compatibility

Hello. I would like to purchase a NVIDIA Jetson AGX Orin 64GB Development Kit. I want to connect a capture card PCIe (x4) - will this be compatible with the PCIe x16 slot on the jetson board?

Hi,

If you are designing a custom base board, then it means some adaptation configurations are needed.
Otherwise, your board may not work fine.

For Orin AGX series, you could refer to below document
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/r36.3/DeveloperGuide/HR/JetsonModuleAdaptationAndBringUp/JetsonAgxOrinSeries.html?highlight=universal%20serial%20bus#jetson-agx-orin-platform-adaptation-and-bring-up
(please be aware that above link is for rel-36.3/jetpack6.0)

This document includes below configuration

  1. pinmux change & GPIO configuration
  2. EEPROM change as most custom boards do not have an EEPROM on it.
  3. Kernel porting
  4. PCIe configuration
  5. USB configuration
  6. MGBE configuration
  7. RGMII configuration

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I am not designing a custom baseboard—I just want to connect a PCIe x4 capture card to the PCIe x16 slot available on the NVIDIA Jetson AGX Orin Development Kit baseboard.

Could you please confirm if the development kit’s PCIe x16 slot will support a PCIe x4 capture card without additional configuration?

Thanks!

Yes it will.

Thank you!