JETSON AGX ORIN INDUSTRIAL Static Power Dissipation

Hi,

In my custom board design based on ORIN AGX Industrial SOM, we are designing own thermal solutions. For that can you please let me know what is the static power dissipation we need to consider ?

Do you have application wise power data since i am not using all the functionality of ORIN like - we are not using csi at all,

Thanks
Sagar

As below:
Orin 32GB:
The CVM power at SC7 is ~300mW. The CVM+CVB total power is close to 1.0W. The carrier board consumes close to 700mW power.

Orin 64GB:
The CVM power at SC7 is ~350mW. The CVM+CVB total power is close to 1.1W. The carrier board consumes close to 750mW power.

Jetson AGX Orin Industrial:
The CVM power at SC7 is ~400mW. The CVM+CVB total power is close to 1.2W. The carrier board consumes close to 800mW power.

Hi Trumany,

Can you please share the document related to it so that i can get more insights about it?

Thanks
Sagar

No such documents can be shared.

Hi Trumany,

So 1.2W will be dissipated from the ORIN for which we need to design thermal solutions. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks
Sagar

1.2w is the SC7 power consumption, not your use case power consumption. Why do you want to do thermal solution based on SC7 power?

Hi Trumany,

I want power dissipation data as per use case not for SC7. I asked about the static power dissipation or you can say nominal/typical power dissipation.

Thanks
Sagar

The real power consumption depends on your use case as it is very different between different use cases. You should run your use case on devkit first to get the data.

Hi Trumany,

I am looking for average power dissipation for my thermal design. Please let me know average power dissipation at 100% load , 50%load and 25% load.

Thanks
Sagar

No such data. As said, it is case by case. Your thermal design should not use that as reference.

Hi Trumany,

Can you please explain in which mode it will consume 15W, 35W, 60W and 75W?

Thanks
Sagar

That is nvpmodel profile, not the real power consumption. Please just use your use case to do thermal design.

Also please read the TDG first to understand how to design thermal solution. Jetson AGX Orin Series (including AGX Orin Industrial) Thermal Design Guide

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.