Jetson flashing BCT

Hello! I am interested in flashing multiple Jetson devices (both Xavier NX and TX2NX) and I have to modify Pinmux and Pad control .cfg files but I want to have custom rootfs (system.img).

Now if I want to flash a single device properly I have to do these steps:

1. Copy generated padctrl and pinmux .cfg files to BCT folder
  2. Do full jetson flash: sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier-nx mmcblk0p1 - AFAIK this is the only possible way to flash BCT configs? (This takes about 20 - 30 minutes, because it builds and flashes system.img which is useless for me, I ONLY need BCT, bootloader)
  3. Do system.img flash: sudo ./flash.sh -r -k APP jetson-xavier-nx mmcblk0p1 (Also 20 - 30 minutes)
  4. Do Kernel flash
  5. Do DTB flash

My question is - is it possible to flash BCT independently? My dream use case would be:

1. Flash everything without system.img
  2. Flash system.img (no building from rootfs)

Some enhancement… you can add -r when doing full flash, this will save time in re-generating the system.img.

There is no “flash method” to flash the BCT only.
But there is a method to copy out whole bootloader from existing board with below method and then update in another device.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/bootloader_update.html#

However, this one is not that easy as flash.sh.

1 Like

Oh, thanks for the bootloader update method. Haven’t noticed that one before!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.