Jetson nano darkens the screen in black and white in some applications

Jetson nano darkens the screen in black and white in some applications. I am using the HDMI port. happens when i use the Jetson nano in desktop mode. It’s uncomfortable, lately it happens to me more often.

Does the entire desktop do this, or is it just one application? Do you have some sort of camera involved which might be trying to use a different mode?

It could be hardware starting to fail, but it is common for applications needing a color mode not supported to display color incorrectly. You might monitor “sudo tail -f /var/log/Xorg.0.log” while this is happening and see if anything is noted (in some cases it would be “Xorg.1.log”).

If the program does not do something which switches modes (and some do, but not many), then I would still suspect trying to use a mode the current color depth and settings don’t support. On the other hand, since it is rather rare for a program to dynamically change color settings like this, and if the program displays correctly sometimes, then I would be more suspicious of hardware. What kind of camera or application is running when this occurs?