Jetson Nano safe power down at power loss

Hello,

I am currently using a Jetson Nano that I simply unplug when I want to turn it off since I do not have access to a terminal to tell the device to turn off. I believe that this sudden power loss could corrupt the data and maybe even cause damage to the Nano itself so I am looking for a safe power down method that I could implement.

The Jetson Nano Product Design Guide says that the SHUTDOWN_REQ* signal from the Jetson Nano is latched to a logic low level when the VDD_IN supply is at or below 4.2V. This signal is received by the carrier board which drives POWER_EN inactive (low). The Jetson Nano starts the power off sequence when it detects POWER_EN being low. The document then includes a timing diagram of this event which can be found below. In this diagram, it looks like the Jetson Nano will safely shut down if I make VDD_IN take more than 10.01 msec to transition from 4.2V to 3.0V. Am I reading this diagram correctly? Can I just add a capacitor to the 5V going to the Jetson Nano to slow down the voltage drop when I unplug it?

Thank you,
Jack

Yes, as listed in the figure, T > 10ms for POWER_EN de-asserted. You can probe and capture power down timing by adding capacitor.

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I was thinking the same thing but just wanted to verify it.

Thanks,
Jack

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.