Jetson orin nano not boot

I am using jetson orin nano 8G -NVMe 256G by yahboom. I flashed jetpack6.0 DP, but after that jetson not boot. I also run : sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1p1
-c tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml -p “-c bootloader/generic/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml”
–showlogs --network usb0 jetson-orin-nano-devkit internal
jetson orin nano flashed success but when reboot jetson not boot. Serial debug console also nothing.
flash_3-1_0_20240331-142456.log (51.2 KB)

It is hardly that serial console has no log.

Most likely

1. You don’t know how to dump serial console log. Have you dumped such log before?

2. The system already hang before you start to check the serial console.

1 Like

I have 2 jetson orin nano, 1 uses jetpack5.1.2 default, it runs and i can get logs. The other one after flashing jetpack6.0dp and reboot does not get anything.

Could you share me your so-called “serial console log” so that I can make sure you really know how to dump it?

serial console when power on:
serial log boot.txt (64.0 KB)

Did you ever see any log prior to that “L4TLauncher: Attempting Direct Boot” on this working jetson before?

Is this NV developer kit or other custom carrier board?

i have never seen before. I buy 2 jetson orin nano and I want use jetapack6.0dp

Hi,

Yes, I totally know what you want. But the problem here is if you cannot provide log, then we cannot help.

The reason why I asked “did you ever see any log prior to this log” is because what you are dumping is not a real serial console log…

It is just a kernel log with little bootloader log which seems to be provided by the flash port. I guess that is where you dumped the log from?

If you are using NV devkit, please dump serial console log with such method.

If you are not using NV devkit, contact the board vendor for how to dump log from their board.

If you already use above method to dump log, then you shall see log from earlier boot stage and even be able to see logs during flash process.

Oh, I follow this guide:

So, how to i can get ‘‘real serial console log’’. Thanks

Hi,

If you already use the usb-ttl cable to capture log,
Could you change your way and open the minicom before you power on the board?

Serial console won’t track history.

If you boot up the board and start minicom 5 seconds late, then the logs in that 5 seconds won’t show up in your console.

I mean this situation is the 2nd point in my first reply. You opened the minicom too late and your jp6.0 DP board seems already hang.

The system already hang before you start to check the serial console.

oh, sorry, i copy not full logs. I attach it again below:
serial console boot full.txt (135.9 KB)

Hi,

Please resize your terminal. Each line from your log is truncated.

After you could dump the full log, please move to that jetpack6.0 DP Orin Nano and use same method to dump the log. You shall see logs this time.

OK, attach it again below:
serial console log.txt (107.5 KB)

Each line still got truncated.

For example, the full line in below shall be longer… the parameters are all gone in your log.

[    0.000000] Kernel command line: root=/dev/nvme0n1p1 rw rootwait rootfstype=ext4 mminit_loglevel=4 console=ttyTCU0,115200 console=ttyAMA0, 

I tried with jetpack6.0 DP Orin Nano but got nothing. Look like jetson not boot.

Could you try to reflash the board again? You shall see logs from serial consoleduring flash process.

Serial console not showing up could be hardware problem. But since you can still flash the board, I feel the issue is not hardware related.

Also, could you answer my previous question? Is this NV devkit or a custom board?
Or you don’t know what I am talking about?

Sorry, But that is all serial console received. May be cause my serial