Jetson tx2-4g no display mouse and keyboard doesnot work

Hello, when i bring jetson tx2 4GB up, i ran export DISPLAY=:1 && cuda program it shows graphyics on hdmi monitor and the mouse ,keyboard works well, then i unplug the hdmi and remove mouse ,keyboard , i find the hdmi monitor abnormal showing nothing except black screen and mouse ,keyboard do not work when the borad runs several days away, the attachment is my xorg log ,can anyone helps?Xorg.1.log (16.5 KB)

Hi,

I don’t really get your problem.

then i unplug the hdmi and remove mouse ,keyboard , i find the hdmi monitor abnormal showing nothing

How does hdmi monitor show anything if you already unplugged it?

And actually if this is an issue related to usb, you should paste the dmesg. Xorg log will not tell you useful info for usb devices.

oh, i unplugged the hdmi monitor and keeps running serveral days ,after then i plugged the hdmi monitor ,i find no display ever again

Ok, then still sharing the dmesg with us after you saw the problem.

dmesg_log_20200722-160703.txt (59.5 KB) Xorg.1.log (16.5 KB) Xorg.0.log (20 KB)

another question,why i should connect on hdmi monitor and export DISPLAY=:1 then i can run cuda samples ,but it doesnot do this on tx2 board

Hi,

First, please do read my comment again. I said sharing the dmesg with us after you saw the problem.

Why did you just share me a log with 7 second dmesg. It is obviously a log with a fresh boot up.
We need the log “after you reproduce issue”. I mean you need to put the device for several days again, reproduce this issue and then type “dmesg” and share us the log.

Second, if your sample runs with Xwindow then you need to export DISPLAY=:0 or :1 before running the sample.

To make it more easier to understand, if you run command “xrandr” and it can show you info, then you don’t need to export DISPLAY=:0.

dmesg.log (959.7 KB)
oh the wrong file

when i run xrandr without connectting the hdmi monitor ,it shows the message as follows

nvidia@nvidia-desktop:~$ xrandr
Can’t open display

when i run xrandr without connectting the hdmi monitor ,it shows the message as follows
nvidia@nvidia-desktop:~$ xrandr
Can’t open display

Yes, that is expected.

Then could you export DISPLAY=:0 or DISPLAY=:1 and then run xrandr again?

Hi,

Please connect the hdmi to your board and try again.

Have you tried DISPLAY=:0?

the result is the same

Hi,

Do you have ubuntu desktop on your screen?

yes i saw

strange thing,it displays no signal after a while ,then i click the mouse it displays again