Jetson TX2 Power Monitor for VDD_MUX

Hi.

Would you please tell me if the power monitor of Jetson TX2 accepts the whole hardware specification ranage of DC Jack 5.5V-19.6V? I can find “19V_INPUT” in the left side of Figure 17 “Power Monitor” of JetsonTX1_TX2_Developer_Kit_Carrier_Board_Specification_20170629.pdf. Does it imply the power monitor software of Jetson TX2 expects 19V for VDD_MUX?

Thank you.

Power monitor accepts VDD_IN of 5.5V-19.6V, please look into this doc for more info: [url]https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/jetson-tx1-tx2-voltage-current-config[/url]

Trumany,

Thank you very much for your reply.
I could find the following answer in the document you shown.

By default, the Jetson TX2 Developer kit critical current limit of VDD_IN is set to the maximum possible value of 8190mA. Therefore, it is not necessary to modify the critical current for lower input voltage unless user wants to configure the critical current limit for a specific input voltage.

So, “19V_INPUT” in Figure 17 of JetsonTX1_TX2_Developer_Kit_Carrier_Board_Specification_20170629.pdf may be a typo. If NVIDIA will correct it, it will be much of help for us.

It’s not a typo, the default VDD_IN is suggested to be 19V as you can find the same value of output voltage of adapter in box. Also the default setting of power monitor is based on 19V input.

Does the default 19V mean that 19V is optimum voltage for Jetson TX2 Developer Kit?
I assume that Jetson TX2 Developer Kit can operate with 5.5V-19.6V.

No.
Sure it can work with the range.

Thank you.
I understand.

On this note I am wondering how to change the critical current limit for a TX2 dev kit. The posted doc from @Trumany only describes how to do this for the TX1 but t the TX2.

“By default, the Jetson TX2 Developer kit critical current limit of VDD_IN is set to the maximum possible value of 8190mA. Therefore, it is not necessary to modify the critical current for lower input voltage unless user wants to configure the critical current limit for a specific input voltage.”

How do I lower this value from 8190mA to say 3000mA?