Is Jetson TX2 power monitor function necessary or optional?

Is Jetson TX2 power monitor function necessary or optional?
How can I implement the power monitor function on the carrier board?
If power monitor trigger the “WARN” and “CRIT”, what would TX2 do?
What’s the interface of “WARN” and “CRIT” with TX2?

Hi Brandon198975,

We have the voltage and current monitor design for Jetson TX2, please refer to Jetson TX1-TX2 Voltage and Current Monitor Configuration - [url]https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/jetson-tx1-tx2-voltage-current-config[/url]

Thanks.

Checked with Jetson TX1-TX2 Voltage and Current Monitor Configuration

Does TX2 module have one power monitor “INA3221” on board already?
So I can use the existing power monitor on TX2 module and no need to build another power monitor on carrier board if I don’t have any other power rails for monitoring?

How to enable/disable power monitor function?
01.png

Yes, there are two power monitors in module for VDD_IN, CPU, GPU, DDR, SOC, WIFI power control.

The detail command for those are listed in [url]https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/jetson-tx1-tx2-voltage-current-config[/url], please check.

As a total newb to these embedded platforms, I am looking to programmatically read the the input voltage to the Jetson. How can I use these .dtsi files to do that?

Hi drclick,

Do you want to configure the input voltage or just want to read it in driver?

Just read. System is running on lipo batteries so I want to monitor the incoming voltage.

Please try to monitoring this node for VDD_IN.

sudo su
cd /sys/bus/i2c/devices/1-0040/iio_device/
cat in_voltage0_input #Please see the document above to check the meaning of 0,1,2

This value is read in driver. If you have any other concern, please look into

kernel/kernel-4.4/drivers/staging/iio/meter/ina3221.c

On my TX2 system, it’s on device 0-0040, not 1-0040.

root@tegra-ubuntu:~# cat /sys/bus/i2c/devices/0-0040/iio_device/in_voltage0_input 

I assume the unit is milli-volts.

@snarky: Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for!