Jetson Xavier NX CAN bus not sending or receiving

Hey there,
I’ve been banging my head on this for days now. I’m trying to enable the CAN bus on my NX, but no matter what I do nothing seems to go out or be read in on the pins. I’ve followed the HW setup guide with the CAN instructions, and I’m using the transceiver device that is recommended.
Probing the TX pin on a send shows nothing. I have another CAN device I’m trying to read which looks like it’s putting something out on the RX into the NX, but that is not being read received or processed.
I’ve double checked that the memory registers are being set to the right values and the can drivers are being loaded and running. The can0 interface is coming up.
A loopback test does work on can0, but I’ve noticed that I don’t have to have the TX and RX shorted (everything I read says they must be). I’ve already browsed every other question I can find about the CAN bus and none of them have this issue.
Thanks in advance

when you transfer, can you give us output of CAN stats of both the sending and receiving nodes on bus using below command:
$ip -d -s link show can0