Jetson Xavier NX RootFS A/B Redundancy

I am running Jetpack 4.5.1 on my devkit Xavier NX, trying to enable A/B redundancy for rootfs. I have followed all the steps here for enabling rootfs redundancy, however, I am unable to verify that it is enabled.

I have chedked with sudo nv_update_engine -v while I was booted from slot 0 and I continuously get the following output:

Nvidia A/B-Redundancy Update tool Version 2.0
verifying update
Verify bootloader update begins.
The current slot 0 is marked as boot successful
SM: S1
The priority of current slot 0 has been restored.
Verify rootfs update begins.
RootFS A/B is not enabled, verification finishes.

I have ran sudo nvbootctrl dump-slots-info and got the following output

root@test:/home/test# sudo nvbootctrl dump-slots-info
Current bootloader slot: A
Active bootloader slot: A
magic:0x43424e00,             version: 4             features: 3             num_slots: 2
slot: 0,             priority: 15,             suffix: _a,             retry_count: 7,             boot_successful: 1
slot: 1,             priority: 14,             suffix: _b,             retry_count: 7,             boot_successful: 1

This is in line with what the nvidia documentation says happens when rootfs redundancy is enabled as seen in this picture below

In addition, when I run sudo nvbootctrl -t rootfs is-autosync-enabled, i recieve the message that rootfs auto sync is not supported.

I can boot from both slots, so do I in fact have rootfs redundancy enabled? Why does Nvidia A/B-Redundancy Update tool inform me that rootfs redundancy is disabled? Also, what is the difference between auto sync and A/B rootfs redundancy?

Hi,

Rootfs A/B will be ready in next release.

@WayneWWW thanks for your response that information is helpful. I am trying to detemrine what level of redundancy the bootloader components have on my Xavier with Jetpack 4.5.1. Are bootloader slots A and B redundant as they exists right now on my Xavier as seen in the outputs of the first post? And more specifically is the SMD partition redudant as it exists in this state?

Hello,

Yes, bootloader A/B (including SMD) are already ready. But the rootfs A/B is not yet.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.