Jetson Xavier NX USB port can't work

When I run the detection project with Jetson information, the CSI camera fails, and the CSI interface appears smoke. I cut off the power in an emergency. After 5 hours, I try to connect the power again. The motherboard can be turned on, and the HDMI screen can be displayed normally, when I plug in the mouse and keyboard, they show that they are powered on (the LED is on), but when I control them, the USB mouse and keyboard do not respond. Please ask me how to solve this problem? Thank you for your help!

报错 笔记双语对照

You can temporarily use either ssh or a serial console. and monitor “dmesg --follow”. What log lines are generated upon plugin of a mouse or keyboard?

I can use Putty (ssh)to connect to my jetson Xaiver nx ,When I inserted the mouse or keyboard, I didn’t see any changes in dmesg – follow

Could you tell me what information do you need?

when I didn’t insert the mouse and keyboard
[ 6.345157] usb 1-3: New USB device found, idVendor=0bda, idProduct=c123, b cdDevice= 0.00
[ 6.353328] usb 1-3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber =3
[ 6.360631] usb 1-3: Product: Bluetooth Radio
[ 6.364861] usb 1-3: Manufacturer: Realtek
[ 6.368990] usb 1-3: SerialNumber: 00e04c000001
[ 6.383103] Root device found: mmcblk0p1
[ 6.385170] Found dev node: /dev/mmcblk0p1

There are basically two “major” requirements when debugging USB:

• Does USB detect and forward the information to drivers?
  • Do drivers bind to the device?

It is worrisome that plugging in a mouse or keyboard has no output on “dmesg --follow”. This is typically a hardware error (it might not be as bad as it sounds, but usually it is…more explained below). Even non-functioning devices, where the function failure is based on software, will be detected upon plug-in (after that they could fail if a drive cannot bind).

There are possibly devices internal to the Jetson which are connected via USB, but using the external port wiring.

The case where failure to detect and having hardware failure without it being a big issue is when cables are bad (although this usually presents an error code). I doubt this is the issue.

You mentioned smoke. I’m thinking that a power rail associated with the 5V of the port has failed. This would also make sense as the power rail can be shared with non-USB devices, e.g., the CSI, plus there is no plugin detect…data line errors tend to provide messages upon plugin, whereas if power does not exist to the device, then no detect would ever occur.

I think you will want to RMA this, but if you want another test, then you might find out what happens if the mouse or keyboard plugs in to a powered USB HUB (which would power the mouse or keyboard instead of relying on the Jetson powering the devices). I’m thinking that if the data lines are ok, then it might detect, but if that power rail also powers some internal circuit, then even external power won’t help.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.