JetsonAGX setup error

We are currently setting up the Jetson AGX.
I use sdkmanager (Jetpack 4.4) to install, but I get an error.
The host PC OS is ubuntu 18.04.

Here are the steps I took:
1,Connect Jetson AGX to the host PC.
Uses TypeC-USB cable.
Connect the Type-C side to the GPIO side of Jetson AGX and connect to the host PC.
2,Put Jetson AGX in recovery mode
While pressing the middle button, press and release the power button.
3,Launch sdkmanager on your host PC and perform download and installation
Select and install JetPack 4.4DP

If you do the above, you will get the following error:
Error in local apt settings
SDK Manager received errors while using apt commands on your system. Please check that the Ubuntu local apt repository is working well on your local system including dependencies of packages. Review SDK Manager terminal for the specific error/s.

[Detailed log is as follows. (Excerpt)]
• 15:57:11 ERROR : CUDA on Host : W: Invalid ‘Date’ entry in Release file /var/lib/apt/lists/_var_libopencv4tegra-repo_Release
• 15:57:11 INFO : CUDA on Host : E: Failed to fetch http://jp.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/bionic/main/binary-arm64/Packages 404 Not Found [IP: 160.26.2.187 80]
• 15:57:11 INFO : CUDA on Host : E:
• 15:57:11 ERROR : CUDA on Host : Failed to fetch http://jp.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/bionic-updates/main/binary-arm64/Packages 404 Not Found [IP: 160.26.2.187 80]
• 15:57:11 INFO : CUDA on Host : E: Failed to fetch http://jp.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/bionic-security/main/binary-arm64/Packages 404 Not Found [IP: 160.26.2.187 80]
• 15:57:11 INFO : CUDA on Host : E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
• 15:57:12 INFO : CUDA on Host : Reading package lists…
• 15:57:12 INFO : CUDA on Host : Building dependency tree…
• 15:57:12 INFO : CUDA on Host : Reading state information…
• 15:57:12 INFO : CUDA on Host : Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
• 15:57:12 INFO : CUDA on Host : requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
• 15:57:12 INFO : CUDA on Host : distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
• 15:57:12 INFO : CUDA on Host : or been moved out of Incoming.
• 15:57:12 INFO : CUDA on Host : The following information may help to resolve the situation:
• 15:57:12 INFO : CUDA on Host :
• 15:57:12 INFO : CUDA on Host : The following packages have unmet dependencies:
• 15:57:12 INFO : CUDA on Host : cuda-toolkit-10-2 : Depends: cuda-tools-10-2 (>= 10.2.89) but it is not going to be installed
• 15:57:12 INFO : CUDA on Host : Depends: cuda-samples-10-2 (>= 10.2.89) but it is not going to be installed
• 15:57:12 INFO : CUDA on Host : Depends: cuda-documentation-10-2 (>= 10.2.89) but it is not going to be installed
• 15:57:12 ERROR : CUDA on Host : E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
• 15:57:12 INFO : CUDA on Host : [ Package Install Finished with Error ]
• 15:57:12 INFO : CUDA on Host : [ 28.00 KB used. Disk Avail: 842.46 GB ]
• 15:57:12 INFO : CUDA on Host : [ NV_CUDA_HOST_COMP Install took 19s ]
• 15:57:12 ERROR : CUDA on Host : [error]: Error when apt install failed; [exec_command]: sudo apt-get update; sleep 0.5; sudo apt-get -y --allow-downgrades install cuda-toolkit-10-2=10.2.89* ; [error]: exit status 100; [deb_path]: /home/hp-jpt/Downloads/44/cuda-repo-ubuntu1804-10-2-local-10.2.89-440.40_1.0-1_amd64.deb
• 15:57:12 INFO : CUDA on Host :
• 15:57:12 ERROR : CUDA on Host : command terminated with error
• 15:57:12 ERROR : CUDA on Host : Install ‘CUDA on Host’ failure, command < using adapter to install NV_CUDA_HOST_COMP@host to /home/hp-jpt/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/44/JetPack_4.4_DP_Linux_DP > terminated with error.
• 15:57:12 ERROR : Unavailable components detected, please check log
• 15:57:12 ERROR : OpenCV on Host : OpenCV on Host Skipped. Due to its dependencies fail to install: CUDA on Host,
• 15:57:12 ERROR : CUDA Cross Compile Package on Host : CUDA Cross Compile Package on Host Skipped. Due to its dependencies fail to install: CUDA on Host,
• 15:57:12 ERROR : VPI on Host : VPI on Host Skipped. Due to its dependencies fail to install: CUDA on Host,
• 15:57:12 ERROR : VisionWorks on Host : VisionWorks on Host Skipped. Due to its dependencies fail to install: CUDA on Host,
• 15:57:12 ERROR : File System and OS : File System and OS Skipped. Due to its dependencies fail to install: Drivers for Jetson,
• 15:57:13 ERROR : Device Mode Host Setup in Flash : Flash skipped due to component(s) download/install failure
• 15:57:13 ERROR : Flash Jetson AGX Xavier 16GB/32GB : Flash skipped due to component(s) download/install failure
• 15:57:13 ERROR : Device Mode Host Setup in Target SDK : Flash skipped due to component(s) download/install failure
• 15:57:13 ERROR : DateTime Target Setup : Flash skipped due to component(s) download/install failure
• 15:57:13 ERROR : CUDA Toolkit for L4T : Flash skipped due to component(s) download/install failure
• 15:57:13 ERROR : cuDNN on Target : Flash skipped due to component(s) download/install failure
• 15:57:13 ERROR : TensorRT on Target : Flash skipped due to component(s) download/install failure
• 15:57:13 ERROR : OpenCV on Target : Flash skipped due to component(s) download/install failure
• 15:57:13 ERROR : VisionWorks on Target : Flash skipped due to component(s) download/install failure
• 15:57:13 ERROR : VPI on Target : Flash skipped due to component(s) download/install failure
• 15:57:13 ERROR : NVIDIA Container Runtime with Docker integration (Beta) : Flash skipped due to component(s) download/install failure
• 15:57:13 ERROR : Multimedia API : Flash skipped due to component(s) download/install failure
• 15:57:13 ERROR : DeepStream : Flash skipped due to component(s) download/install failure

[Nvidia Corp. is recognized by the lsusb command on the host PC.]
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:8000 Intel Corp.
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:8008 Intel Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 014: ID 0955:7019 NVidia Corp.
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0424:2660 Standard Microsystems Corp. Hub
Bus 004 Device 009: ID 046d:c534 Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Also, there are no files in ~ / nvidia / nvidia_sdk / JetPack_4.4_DP_Linux_DP.

Please tell me how to resolve the error.

Hi,

What is your result of below command on host?

sudo dpkg --print-architecture
sudo dpkg --print-foreign-architectures

Hi

The following returned when I ran it on the host PC.

ポsudo dpkg --print-architecture
amd64

ポsudo dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
i386
arm64

Thank you.

Hi,

Could you remove the arm64 architecture on your host and try again?

After removing arm64 and running sdkmanager I was able to install the HOST COMPONETS item.
However, I was unable to install the TARGET COMPONETS item. (Jetson OS ran)
After that, Jetson AGX stopped working.
What should i do.

Here are the steps I took:

1. Put Jetson AGX in recovery mode and connect to the host PC.
    (Hold down the center button, press and release the power button)
  2. Select and install all items with adkmanager
  3. You will be prompted to enter the Jetson AGX IP address, username and password. Enter the username and password that was set when you first started Jetson AGX (IP address is default).
    (At this point, HOST COMPONETS and Jetson OS will be installed.)
    Then I get the following error:

Can not connect to the device via SSH.Validate that SSH service is running on the device.

1. Skip and click the [Finish] button to exit sdkmanager.
  2. Remove Jetson AGX from the host PC and connect a monitor, keyboard, etc.
  3. Remove the Jetson AGX power adapter, reconnect and restart.
  4. When Jetson AGX starts normally, the setting screen at the first start is displayed. Make the settings.
  5. Shut down the Jetson AGX and remove the connected monitor, keyboard, etc.
  6. Same operation as 1-2.
    JetsonOS has been reinstalled.
  7. Same error as 3. So I did the same as 4.
  8. Same operation as 5-6.
  9. When I start Jetson AGX, it does not proceed from a certain point.
    The following screen was displayed when Jetson AGX was started.
    After that, the screen flashed and stopped.

cp: not writing through dangling symlink ‘etc/resold.conf’
[6.092207] cgroup: cgroup2 Unknown option ‘nsdelegate’
:
abridgement
:
[8.576152] GPU7:shutdown
[112.322739] edid:invalid

The same screen is displayed even if you execute the recovery mode.
(Hold down the center button, press and release the power button)

what should I do?

This statement is not correct. The device is totally shutdown if the board is really entering recovery mode.

I would prefer you could try oem-config to configure your user account if hdmi monitor is not working.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%2520Linux%2520Driver%2520Package%2520Development%2520Guide%2Fflashing.html%23wwpID0E0JB0HA

Also, I would like to know if you are a newbie to jetson platform or you’ve tried sdkmanager before.

I have previously set up Jetson NX.
But this is my first time setting up with an sdkmanager like AGX.

That was my mistake.
When I tried again, the startup LED was lit, the screen was black, and nothing was displayed.
I think this is the normal recovery mode.

However, the Jetson AGX boot status during normal boot is the same.
The following screen will appear and the screen will continue to flash.

If you connect a keyboard and input, it will be reflected.
Therefore, the HDMI monitor does not appear to be working.

By the way, connect to the host PC in recovery mode,
The following characters are displayed when sdkmanager is executed.

Either automatic mode or manual mode is selected and executed, but an error occurs in both cases.

[automatic mode]

SDK Manager is about to flash your Jetson AGX Xavier
Connect and set your Jetson AGX Xavier as follows:
1. Choose whether to put your Jetson AGX Xavier into Force Recovery Mode via Manual Setup or Automatic Setup. Choose Automatic Setup only if the device has already been flashed and is currently running.
Automatic SetupManual Setup
a. Ensure the device has already been flashed, is powered, and is running.
b. Connect the host computer to the front USB Type-C connector on the device.
c. Enter the username and password of your Jetson AGX Xavier.

When ready, click ‘Flash’ to continue.
Could not detect NVIDIA Jetson device connected to USB. Verify that: 1. The device is connected to this host machine with a USB cable. 2. Jetson’s Ubuntu OS is up and running. 3. Ubuntu ‘System configuration wizard’ is completed on the device. This can be validated by running the ‘lsusb’ command on your host, and look for “0955:7019” (NVIDIA Corp). Or use the ‘Manual Setup’ instead.

[manual mode]
SDK Manager is about to flash your Jetson AGX Xavier
Connect and set your Jetson AGX Xavier as follows:
1. Choose whether to put your Jetson AGX Xavier into Force Recovery Mode via Manual Setup or Automatic Setup. Choose Automatic Setup only if the device has already been flashed and is currently running.
Automatic SetupManual Setup
a. Make sure the device is connected to the power adapter, but powered off.
b. Connect the host computer to the front USB Type-C connector on the device.
c. Press and hold the middle (Force Recovery) button.
d. Press and hold the left (Power) button.
e. Release both buttons.
When ready, click ‘Flash’ to continue.
Could not detect NVIDIA Jetson device connected to USB. Verify that: 1. The device is connected to this host machine with a USB cable. 2. Jetson’s Ubuntu OS is up and running. 3. Ubuntu ‘System configuration wizard’ is completed on the device. This can be validated by running the ‘lsusb’ command on your host, and look for “0955:7019” (NVIDIA Corp).

Hi,

This discussion seems very confusing so I need to clarify it again.

However, the Jetson AGX boot status during normal boot is the same.
The following screen will appear and the screen will continue to flash.

I don’t know why do you mention the word “flash” here. Boot and flash are two different things.

The board is able to boot up after you flash the driver and firmware into it.

When you put device into recovery mode (RCM), the device feels like a brick. It will not show anything on screen, the usb you connect on it will also not trigger anything on the monitor. Under that status, connect the usb type C cable to the correct port (please be aware that only one specific type C port on your devkit it able to flash) and you shall see the Nvidia corp shows up on lsusb.

Also, another question here is have you ever flashed your board before? Because the screenshot you pasted here indicates the board is able to boot up, it means either you or the factory has flashed some image on it.

However, I don’t really trust the binary installed by factory so please try to put device into RCM and flash it.

Also, you could read my post here to save time. SDKManager is also using this flash.sh to flash board. You don’t need to open SDKM everytime.

https://elinux.org/Jetson/General_debug

Thank you for your reply.
The setting is complete! !!

JetsonOS was installed using flash.sh.

$ cd ./home/nvdia/nvidia_sdk/JetPAck_4.4_Linux_P2888/Linux_for_Terga
(The folder name is a little different)
$ sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1
Then I was able to install the rest of the items using SDK Manager as follows:

1. Start Jetson AGX as usual
    2, execute the initial setting
  2. Connect to the host PC during login (Desktop screen)
  3. Start SDK Manager on the host PC.
    5, uncheck the Jetson OS installation item
    6、Installation execution

Thank you very much! !!

1 Like