L4T 24.1 - V4L2 on Jetson TX1

Hi,

Could you please tell me where can I find the v4l2 patches for 24.1 release that are referenced in Tegra_Linux_Driver_Package_Documents_R24.1?

I just found the r23.1_v4l2.tgz, however I need to find for 24.1 release.

Thank you.

What problems are you facing regarding V4L2?

V4L2 works for me on L4T 24.1 without any patch.

I tried to follow these steps:

To verify the TPG
1. Remove the nvhost_vi module, an incompatible non-V4L2 VI driver used for other purposes and outside the scope of this document:
$ sudo rmmod nvhost_vi
2. Install V4L2 driver modules:
$ sudo modprobe soc_camera_platform
$ sudo modprobe tegra_camera tpg_mode=2
3. Use the yavta application to capture data (other V4L2 applications can be used, if preferred)
$ ./yavta /dev/video0 -c1 -n1 -s1280x720 -fRGB32 -Ftpg.rgba
4. Copy over tpg.rgba to host and use ImageMagick to show the picture:
$ display -size 1280x720 -depth 8 tpg.rgba

However, it gives an error:

ERROR: Module nvhost_vi is not currently loaded

Then I tried to load soc_camera_platform module without removing nvhost-vi and it could not find the soc_camera_platform module.

I think this is not an issue related to the patches as you stated.

It’s not an error if you want to follow those steps. nvhost_vi is not loaded and hence it can’t be removed using rmmod. Since your aim is to remove nvhost_vi, you should not worry about it as it’s already removed/not loaded.

Yes, you are right. However, now I have to load the soc_camera_platform module and it did not find the module.

You might not have enabled the soc_camera_platform or similar module while building the kernel. Use menuconfig to enable the relevant module first.

Thank you for answer alasin. I enabled the soc camera platform support as you said using menuconfig, but still module is not found.

Please follow the suggestion in the below commit,

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/955645/jetson-tx1/v4l2-on-jetson-tx1/post/4946368/#4946368

There is some error in r24.1 doc, and it will be fixed in r24.2(coming soon)