Linux-tools-generic not being installed properly on Jetson Nano

I am trying to use USB devices connected to Remote Jetson Nano on my Network as if they were plugged directly into your computer.

For the same purpose I’m trying out a tool called USBIP and for its installation, I need to have Linux-tools-generic installed on the Jetson. but after installation usbip version returns the following.

$ usbip version
WARNING: usbip not found for kernel 4.9.201

You may need to install the following packages for this specific kernel:
    linux-tools-4.9.201-tegra
    linux-cloud-tools-4.9.201-tegra

You may also want to install one of the following packages to keep up to date:
    linux-tools-tegra
    linux-cloud-tools-tegra

How do i install these packages since these cant be installed with simple solutions like apt install

any help with the installation of Linux tools for Tegra or alternative methods to connect to remote port locally would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I’d have to research where to find it, but what you’d need to do is download the source packages for linux-tools and linux-cloud-tools (notice I’m not using a version number for source packages). Then rebuild those on the Jetson itself. The version number requirement is based on the currently running kernel in the architecture being used, so you won’t find this for 4.9.201-tegra even if you could find this for arm64/aarch64. When you build the source natively, then it should create a package with the version number in it.

sir could you give further details on how to build the source natively. I have reffered this thread:

but not sure if this would work for Jetson Nano.

If you can tell me where to find the source packages (or just source not in package format), then I could probably test out the way to do this.