List of pins that can be used to wake up TX2 from SC7

Hello,

Based on a few posts on the forum, it seems that only a small subset of the IO pins on the TX2 can be used (using the gpio_keys in device-tree) to wake up a TX2 from low power sleep mode. Is this list available somewhere?

hello chinmaywgyuy,

you mean Deep Sleep (SC7), right?
please refer to developer guide, Chipset Power States for the common wake sources available on Jetson platforms.
thanks

Hello @JerryChang,

Indeed you’re right I was referring to SC7 (Deep Sleep).

The developer guide lists common sources. But is there a list of GPIO pins that can also be used to wake it up? The list in the developer guide doesn’t mention anything about generic GPIO pins which can be used to wake up TX2. On previous platforms like Jetson TK1, I have used GPIO pins to wake up the device, by registering them as gpio-keys in the device tree.

Also, that list mentions Wake On Lan, but from other posts in this forum, I understand that WoL doesn’t work on TX2.

hello chinmaywgyuy,

that’s correct, TX2 DevKit doesn’t support WOL,
this is due to the TX2 ethernet PHY which does not support WOL. but, TX2 NX is able to support this.

That’s good to know.

I see that it’s able to wake up via a USB Keyboard, So a very related question. Can ANY GPIO say, GPIO3_CAM1_RST which I believe is (GPIO3_PR.01, Linux: 457) be used to wake up a TX2 from SC7 by setting it up as a GPIO key using the gpio-keys keyboard driver?

hello chinmaywgyuy,

power button is a GPIO key. it’s GPIO3_PFF.00.

Thanks. Other than the power button GPIO can any other GPIO be used in a similar way?

hello chinmaywgyuy,

please check this for reference,
you should have pin customization to use other GPIOs.

gpio-keys {
                compatible = "gpio-keys";
                gpio-keys,name = "gpio-keys";

power {
                        label = "Power";
                        gpios = <&tegra_aon_gpio TEGRA_AON_GPIO(FF, 0) GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;
                        linux,code = <KEY_POWER>;
                        gpio-key,wakeup;
                };

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.