A couple of people have commented off-line that they are having a hard time locating the actual Nsight Systems binary to launch.
The host GUI is called “nsight-sys” and (presuming default installer location) it can be found:
- On MacOS - /Applications/NVIDIA Nsight Systems.app/Contents/MacOS/nsight-sys
- On Windows - C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA Nsight Systems [version]\Host-x86_64\nsight-sys.exe
- On Linux - [location where .run executed]/NsightSystems[version information]/host-x86_64/nsight-sys
If you want to use the Linux command line to run directly on the target:
- copy the contents of the Target-x86_64/x86_64 directory to the machine.
- run setup_nsys_env to set up your environment
From there, you can use the documentation installed on your system or at https://docs.nvidia.com/nsight-systems/index.html to find the right options for your needs.