Mac Version Omniverse?

Is there going to be a Mac Version Omniverse? Cause I’m a 3D artist who needs to build up scenes and use them in later workflow on the Omniverse platform. I mainly use Blender and Rhino/Grasshopper for modeling, shading, and animating stuff. I’m currently using an M1 chip iMac, as I believe lots of 3D artists do. but I had to frequently transfer to Windows/Linux in order to work on Omniverse, to ensure that the 3D scene is usable for later workflow. We have to consume lots of time to transfer files/formats. Is there any hope that we can have a Mac version of Omniverse?

4 Likes

Hello @yuanmiaomiao1994! I can understand your frustration. That workflow is not ideal and it is one of the main reasons why we wanted Omniverse to exist in the first place. We do have plans to support Macs, I searched the development tickets for MacOS support and it looks like the development team is working on a design plan. Unfortunately, I do not have any dates for when MacOS support will be available.

7 Likes

Great news, thanks. I’ll keep tracking.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.