Make caffe occur a err:can not find :lcudnn.so

Yesterday I compiled caffe,but an error ‘can not find :lcudnn.so’. but I’m sure I have installed cudnn v2,that is require.Anyone has see a similar err ?Who can help me ?

Hi LXJ,

Please install the latest JetPack, which will currently install/flash CUDA8 and cuDNN 5.1 on Jetson TX1, and you should be able to compile caffe successfully.

Thanks

I understand your mean, but when I downloaded my caffe, which is a special version,caffe&segnet, it demands the cudnn V2 to match it.Now I don’t know the version of cudnn is decided by CUDA or caffe or the version of ununtu.

Thanks

Hi,

We have verified cuda-8.0 and cuDNNv5.1 with latest BVLC caffe.
It is recommended to use this setting.

If you need previous caffe branch, could you tell us which branch or snapshot you used?

Oh ! The caffe I have been used was not downloaded form Official website , I think it has been modified by someone and it was named ‘caffe-segnet-segnet-cleaned’. If I don’t use the cuDNNv2 ,I can’t make it at all. If I use cuDNNv2 there is the err:

CXX .build_release/src/caffe/proto/caffe.pb.cc
AR -o .build_release/lib/libcaffe.a
LD -o .build_release/lib/libcaffe.so
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/cuda/lib64/libcudnn.so when searching for -lcudnn
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcudnn
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [.build_release/lib/libcaffe.so] Error 1

But the other day I make it success,use the setting:
ubuntu 12.04 32-bit
CUDA 7.0
cuDNN v2

Now my setting is :
ubuntu 12.04 64-bit
CUDA 7.0
cuDNN v2
They all Jteson tx1,and this time it has errors.

Hi,

Could you turn off cuDNN compile option to check if this issue is still on?

Edit ‘Makefile.config’

--- USE_CUDNN := 1
+++ # USE_CUDNN := 1

OK ! I will try it again. Now I have made it successfully based on Ubuntu 14.04 32bit(using Jetpack 2.1).
I still don’t understand what has decided the cuDNN ? CUDA or caffe ? Even based on the Ubuntu 14.04 32bit,where I have made it successfully,if I just replace cuDNN V2 to V3 or V4 it cannot go all right.

Thanks!

It’s decided by caffe.
If you want to upgrade caffe to cuDNNv3 or further, it’s needed to make sure following files are compatible with upgraded cuDNN.

include/caffe/util/:
cudnn.hpp

src/caffe/layers/:
cudnn_conv_layer.cu
cudnn_relu_layer.cpp
cudnn_relu_layer.cu
cudnn_sigmoid_layer.cpp
cudnn_sigmoid_layer.cu
cudnn_tanh_layer.cpp
cudnn_tanh_layer.cu

include/caffe/layers/:
cudnn_relu_layer.hpp
cudnn_sigmoid_layer.hpp
cudnn_tanh_layer.hpp

OK !Thanks very much !I understand your mean.
Then I have another problem,compared to cuDNN v2, whether the cuDNN v3 or further will have a better performance ? The other day ,I try to make the same caffe with cuDNN v3,but it’s failed. I think that suggests these above files are not compatible with upgraded cuDNN.If I want to upgrade caffe to cuDNNv3 or further,must I replace the caffe? Or there are methods to modify these files?

[quote]

OK ! Thanks very much !
I found the version of Caffe (Dec 2016) with cudnn v5.1:https://github.com/TimoSaemann/caffe-segnet-cudnn5
It has the function SegNet