DRIVE OS 6.0.4 SDK
DRIVE OS 6.0.4 (rev. 1)
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-D00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-C00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (not sure its number)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with SDK Manager
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
native Ubuntu Linux 18.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
other

Hello,

I need help finding out how do I setup the amount of cores (and if I can do so), of Drive platform.
I have Discovered that I have 11 cores available thru htop, while in Jetson Orin I have 12.
Is there any option to see how many core I have available and if I have any restrictions?
If so, how can I manipulate this?
It seems odd to me to have 11 cores, so I suspect 2 things:

1. The compute module is 12 cores, while 1 reserved to frame grabber
  2. The system comes in non-fill power mode.

I didn’t find the answer in the manual.

Thanks,

1 Like

Dear @NikolayChernuha,
Just to clarify, Drive platform runs in maximum performance mode by default. There is no other modes like in Jetson.

Thanks for the answer.
Regarding to the second question: why do I have 11 cores and not 12 as on Jetson Orin? Are those different SOCs?

Dear @NikolayChernuha,
In DRIVE OS 6.0.4 release only 11 cores are assigned to guest OS. So you expected to see 11 cores.

Thanks,
Is there an option to unlock cores?
How many codes does cpu has?

There are 12 cores. May I know why you need to configure this?

I want use all the cores for my program.
What is the reason one core is unavailable? Is that used for frame grabber for the OS?
Can you please provide me with more detailed system specs?

That’s current NVIDIA virtualization configuration. There is one core assigned to foundation services and virtualized servers under the architecture. May I know what issue you have with the current configuration?

1 Like

Hi,

I don’t have any issues with the system, I want to understand better how the system organized, you probably can agree with me that 11 cores looks strange, so I want to know what’s going on with another one and why it’s unused.

Got it. It is used for the virtualization solution so only 11 cores are assigned to the guest os. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.