MGBE Configuration with marvell switch 88Q6113

HI Team ,

I want to configure the marvell switch with 88Q6113 for MGBE testing , followed the below adaptation guide and done the changes in below dtb file .

Jetson AGX Orin Platform Adaptation and Bring-Up — Jetson Linux
Developer Guide 34.1 documentation (nvidia.com)

DTS file : tegra234.ethernet-3737-0000.dtsi file

After doing the changes , not getting the expected ouput. and facing below issue .

Please help and let me know what are all changes required to configure and make the MGBE to work.

Thanks
Ramesh

What did you change to the device tree exactly?

You mentioned nothing and just a screenshot and asked for help. Better trying to tell more…

Added the below lines as per adaptation guide.

/* 1:10G, 0:5G */
nvidia,uphy-gbe-mode = <1>;

fixed-link {
speed = <10000>;
full-duplex;

Thanks
Ramesh

I guess your device tree is probably not same as you said… You better checking it directly…

Please suggest or point the configuration changes required to work the switch

Thanks
Ramesh

Already mentioned in the document. Nothing else to suggest.

i have followed as it shown below , but still the issue is coming

For Switch

Prerequisites

1. Ensure that the Switch port is configured for XFI 5G or XFI 10G.
  2. Ensure that before Orin boots up, the Switch is powered on an dthat the port is configured.

/* 1:10G, 0:5G / nvidia,uphy-gbe-mode = <1>; / 0:XFI 10G, 1:XFI 5G, 2:USXGMII 10G, 3:USXGMII 5G */ nvidia,phy-iface-mode = <0> nvidia,max-platform-mtu = <16383>; fixed-link { speed = <10000>; full-duplex; };

Here are the DT entries that are necessary to connect the 10G MAC with the third-party Ethernet switch:

• nvidia,uphy-gbe-mode: 1/0 based on the switch port configuration
  • nvidia,phy-iface-mode: 0/1 based on the switch port configuration.
  • Add the fixed-link node with speed 10G/5G based on the switch port configuration.

Thanks
Ramesh

As I said, your device tree probably didn’t configure that correctly…

You don’t need to copy the document here. That is written by us… we know the content…

You should check full dts from dtb … if you don’t know what I am talking about… find someone who is familiar with linux kernel to help you…

Hi Wayne,

i have done the changes as per the Adaptation guide in dts file for switch configuration, attached the dts file for reference.
Seeing the issue Failed to get PCS block lock when we try to set the ip address ,
Please help to check this issue and guide if any more changes required .

Thanks
Ramesh

Then please contact the switch vendor… there is nothing to debug on our side.

The configuration for switch is a fixed setting.

We are not configuring the switch from Jetson AGX Orin module. Switch is configuring on its own.
We are configuring only Jetson side MGBE interface in 10G mode by following the adaptation guide steps mentioned in the link.

When we refer the source for “Failed to get PCS block lock” error.
It is coming from xpcs_lane_bring_up() function(source file : source/public/kernel/nvidia/drivers/net/ethernet/nvidia/nvethernet/nvethernetrm/osi/core/xpcs.c), which is bringing up TX/RX lanes of UPHY.

Following is the device tree entry we have modified in tegra234-ethernet-3737-0000.dtsi file available at source/public/hardware/nvidia/platform/t23x/concord/kernel-dts/cvb.

/* MGBE - A */
        ethernet@6810000 {
                status = "okay";
                nvidia,mac-addr-idx = <0>;
                nvidia,max-platform-mtu = <16383>;
                /* 1=enable, 0=disable */
                nvidia,pause_frames = <1>;
                phy-mode = "10gbase-r";
                /* 0:XFI 10G, 1:XFI 5G, 2:USXGMII 10G, 3:USXGMII 5G */
                nvidia,phy-iface-mode = <0>;
                nvidia,uphy-gbe-mode = <1>;

fixed-link {
                        speed = <10000>;
                        full-duplex;
                        };

};

Can you provide your inputs to fix this UPHY TX / RX lane bringup issue.

Hi,
The device tree looks correct. Would suggest contact vendor of switch and see if they have further idea about the failure.

1. Make sure the switch boots up before the orin.
  2. What is the configuration of switch? 10G or 5G XFI? Or USXGMII?

HI Wayne,

Thanks for support.

1. yes switch is powered ON and ready with configuration before orin boots up.
  2. we are configuring for 10G XFI (10GBASE-R) in switch side.

Thanks
Ramesh

Hi Team,

Thanks for continuous support, Please help to check below issue and help us.

As per our understanding PHY layer will have PCS, PMA and PMD sublayers.
With the use of MGBE interface to connect switch to the Jetson module, our assumption is that the PCS sublayer is shared between Jetson and Switch(i.e part will be at Jetson side and part will be at Switch side), is it correct? .

Can you help to understand what kind of communication will happen between Jetson and switch at initial stage?, this will help to narrow down the issue.

Thanks
Ramesh