Nano Jetson Jetpack 4.6.1 can't install right h5py version?

I have a Nano Jetson and flashed it with the latest available Jetpack version from here: https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/learn/get-started-jetson-nano-devkit which is 4.6.1. Now when following this guide to install tensorflow: Installing TensorFlow for Jetson Platform :: NVIDIA Deep Learning Frameworks Documentation I checked the version of tensorflow I need here: TensorFlow for Jetson Platform Release Notes :: NVIDIA Deep Learning Frameworks Documentation which is following command: sudo pip3 install --extra-index-url https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/redist/jp/v461 tensorflow==2.7.0+nv22.01 now when I run this command I get following error:

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement h5py~=3.1.0 (from tensorflow) (from versions: 2.2.1, 2.3.0b1, 2.3.0, 2.3.1, 2.4.0b1, 2.4.0, 2.5.0, 2.6.0, 2.7.0rc2, 2.7.0, 2.7.1, 2.8.0rc1, 2.8.0, 2.9.0rc1, 2.9.0, 2.10.0, 3.0.0rc1, 3.0.0, 3.1.0)                                                           
ERROR: No matching distribution found for h5py~=3.1.0   

which doesn’t even make sense, since 3.1.0 is in the list of available versions. When I try to manually install h5py 3.1.0 it fails a few times and keeps trying to install older versions after which it finally successfully installs h5py version 2.10.0, which is obviously too old for the version needed for the tensorflow version for my jetpack version. How can I install tensorflow on my nano jetson with Jetpack version 4.6.1?

Hi,

This looks like a Jetson issue. Please refer to the below samples in case useful.

For any further assistance, we will move this post to to Jetson related forum.

Thanks!

Please don’t spam useless generic tutorials. I have a specific question, why a certain thing with your product is not working. Please answer that question and yes feel free to move the question to the right place.

Hi,

The document you shared contains the steps for JetPack 5.0.2.
However, JetPack 5 doesn’t support Nano.

The latest JetPack release for Jetson Nano is 4.6.3.
Please set up Nano with the SDK manager and follow the instructions below to install TensorFlow.

Thanks.

Thank you for the right tutorial, with that it worked. It would be nice to have a version selector on this page: Installing TensorFlow for Jetson Platform :: NVIDIA Deep Learning Frameworks Documentation similar to as there is for the different tensorflow versions here: TensorFlow for Jetson Platform Release Notes :: NVIDIA Deep Learning Frameworks Documentation

Thanks for the suggestion.

We will feedback to our internal team for improvement.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.