New CUDA on WSL2 driver 510.06* is now live!

We took our CUDA on WSL driver outside of the sign-wall. So you are now able to access the CUDA on WSL driver from downloads area on our CUDA on WSL webpage without any sign-in!
We’ve got some container updates for WSL2, so please do check out the release notes in the user guide for details of what is in this edition.
Our user guide and blog links below, contain valuable information to aid you to learn how CUDA works with WSL, including how to get started with running applications, and deep learning containers.
We encourage all of our developers to use our Forum for sharing their experience with the larger WSL community.

Windows 11 / Palit GAMING PRO 3070 LHR Grabbed few weeks ago for $1000 from local vendor,

510.06 driver NOT stable so far, multiple black screens, self reboot/crashes.
Returned to 470x driver - stable.

I hope seeing fixes for 500 series soon, as it gave NICE boost on performance score, 3dmark timespy went from 13200 to 13900.

So would LOVE to see what next patch brings in performance on 3dmark and stability!

Thanks Nvidia!

Hi rmarkuze

Could you share more details on when the crash happened and if possible could you share bugcheck report when there is a crash ? And also could you share dxdiag output ?

Glad to learn you were able to experience some good performance.

Any email I can send you the logs to? I will install the driver again to check for the errors…

P.S. If you have any updated 500 series after 510.06 pls send me so I could try it.

Thanks!

Windows update has rolled out 510.10 for insiders

btw
Is there a particular reason why Windows insider drivers (only those from Microsoft’s server) are limited to desktop GPU users since last year?

Wow after update 560.06 My laptop’s the green screen after restart. Now can’t in on windows, if the startup goes green screen. Scare driver v560.06.

Spec: I7:7700HQ, GTX1060, Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.194

2 Likes

Check out:

Same, it was unbearable with all the random crashes. I have an RTX 3080 Ti on Windows 11.
I just wanted to install it for WSL2. I rolled back to the standard 470x game ready driver.
Question: is there any differences between the drivers I download from here and the drivers I download from here except for the version and updates? What I mean is: do the standard 470x game ready drivers also have code for WSL2?

Hope that makes sense.

1 Like

Hello:

• Drivers downloaded from the main Nvidia Download page are our official drivers. The 470 driver will have driver support for WSL2 but might lack some of the latest fixes or features support we have added for WSL2. The CUDA driver portion of it (libcuda.so) for WSL2 however should be more or less the same as the 510 driver.

• Drivers downloaded from the CUDA on WSL2 landing page are preview drivers (very similar to the one you will get automatically on the Windows Insider Program) and contain support for the latest Windows Insider version as well as the latest fixes and features for CUDA on WSL2. For instance those drivers have a better feature support for nvml (the library used by nvidia-smi) and so on …

2 Likes

Thank you, I now have a better understanding of the differences!

Oks where can I get the download link for the new NVIDIA 560.06 drive because I’m enrolled in Windows Insider Program plus drive 510.31 disappeared from Windows Updates could you please update this page page drive is still showing 510.06 because it’s already out 510.10 and then 510.31 and now more current 560.06 please update page drives please CUDA on WSL | NVIDIA Developer

Hi your link download drive 560.06 please friend

It’s very confusing to see that the version number in the title is 560.06 while the available download link points to 510.06.

Is that a typo in the title? Fixing the typo would be greatly appreciated and would lessen the confusion in this thread.

The link on the landing page is the version 510.31, still. Could Nvidia Teams update the link, please! Or could you guys quote any link that I can download the latest one. Thank you!

The driver version is corrected.

The user guide has reference to what this release contains
https://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/wsl-user-guide/index.html#release-notes

1 Like

Just to clarify, WSL2 should work with the current official drivers? I went through the regular nvidia download page and got the newest driver for my 3080 (as the 510 driver was crashing ever 20 minutes or so on my system), but CUDA doesn’t seem to be available under wsl2

Any idea why GPU in Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) | NVIDIA Developer and CUDA on WSL :: CUDA Toolkit Documentation are still pointing to (very old) 510.06 when the R510 branch is now released in mainline Game Ready 511.17 drivers?