New on OpenCL Need some help to get started

Hello everyone,

I’m new in OpenCl and I wanna know how to use it. Where do I start?

I mean, I know all CUDA info is in the getting starting guide and the programming guide. Does anybody know where is the starting point of OPENCL?

Thanks.

Hello everyone,

I’m new in OpenCl and I wanna know how to use it. Where do I start?

I mean, I know all CUDA info is in the getting starting guide and the programming guide. Does anybody know where is the starting point of OPENCL?

Thanks.

NVIDIA has lately merged the CUDA and OpenCL toolkits. Check out your doc/ directory in the path you installed your CUDA toolkit. It has several OpenCL pdf files you may find useful, including the programming guide.

For some reason it doesn’t appear on the start menu shortcuts tho, only CUDA pdfs appear there.

NVIDIA has lately merged the CUDA and OpenCL toolkits. Check out your doc/ directory in the path you installed your CUDA toolkit. It has several OpenCL pdf files you may find useful, including the programming guide.

For some reason it doesn’t appear on the start menu shortcuts tho, only CUDA pdfs appear there.

Thanks for your info…

Thanks for your info…

Do you know if there is a posibility to run programs in GPUs differents to NVidia’s? I mean, AMD for example?

Do you know if there is a posibility to run programs in GPUs differents to NVidia’s? I mean, AMD for example?

Sure you can run it on different devices, that’s why the OpenCL is so thrilling :-) Just link your code with AMD ati-stream libs and you can even run the OpenCL code on CPU and debug it with gdb :-)

Sure you can run it on different devices, that’s why the OpenCL is so thrilling :-) Just link your code with AMD ati-stream libs and you can even run the OpenCL code on CPU and debug it with gdb :-)