No symbol file loaded for cudnn64_8.dll (Could not load library cudnn_cnn_infer64_8.dll. Error code 126)

I’m facing a problem while running sample programs (sampleMNIST) that contained in TensorRT version 8.2 (zip installation file for Windows).

When I run this sample on Visual Studio 2017, the error is shown below:

Could not load library cudnn_cnn_infer64_8.dll. Error code 126
Please make sure cudnn_cnn_infer64_8.dll is in your library path!

I already set up CUDA and cuDNN according to instruction guide lines.

Any advices and suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

Environment

TensorRT Version: TensorRT-8.2.0.6
GPU Type: Nvidia Quadro RTX 8000
Nvidia Driver Version: 462.59
CUDA Version: 11.2 (Driver Version) / 10.2 (Runtime Version)
CUDNN Version: cudnn-10.2
Operating System + Version: Windows 10 Pro
Python Version (if applicable): 3.7.11
TensorFlow Version (if applicable): 1.15.0

Output Log:

This is the Output error list from VS 2017:
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Users\Downloads\tensorrt\TensorRT-8.2.0.6\bin\sample_mnist.exe’. Module was built without symbols.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v10.2\bin\nvinfer.dll’. Module was built without symbols.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v10.2\bin\nvparsers.dll’. Module was built without symbols.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v10.2\bin\cudart64_102.dll’. Module was built without symbols.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\msvcp140.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\vcruntime140.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\vcruntime140_1.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\nvcuda.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\advapi32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\sechost.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\rpcrt4.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\version.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v10.2\bin\nvrtc64_102_0.dll’. Module was built without symbols.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\win32u.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\gdi32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\gdi32full.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\msvcp_win.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\dbghelp.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\imm32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
The thread 0x53ec has exited with code 0 (0x0).
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\setupapi.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\cfgmgr32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\bcrypt.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\devobj.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\wintrust.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\crypt32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\msasn1.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\windows.storage.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\combase.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\wldp.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\SHCore.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\shlwapi.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispwi.inf_amd64_c5c61752d6952c21\nvcuda64.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\ws2_32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\cryptnet.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\cryptbase.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\dwmapi.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\uxtheme.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Unloaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\dwmapi.dll’
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\nvapi64.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\ole32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\kernel.appcore.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v10.2\bin\nvinfer_builder_resource.dll’. Module was built without symbols.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v10.2\bin\cublasLt64_10.dll’. Module was built without symbols.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v10.2\bin\cublas64_10.dll’. Module was built without symbols.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v10.2\bin\cudnn64_8.dll’. Module was built without symbols.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v10.2\bin\cudnn_ops_infer64_8.dll’. Module was built without symbols.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v10.2\bin\nvrtc-builtins64_102.dll’. Module was built without symbols.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispwi.inf_amd64_c5c61752d6952c21\nvptxJitCompiler64.dll’. Module was built without symbols.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v10.2\bin\cudnn_cnn_infer64_8.dll’. Module was built without symbols.
‘sample_mnist.exe’ (Win32): Unloaded ‘C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v10.2\bin\cudnn_cnn_infer64_8.dll’
Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFAA504B110 (cudnn64_8.dll) in sample_mnist.exe: Fatal program exit requested.

Hi,

Please refer Installation guide and make sure TensorRT and its dependencies installed correctly.
https://docs.nvidia.com/deeplearning/tensorrt/install-guide/index.html

Thank you.

The installation guide said to add the TensorRT library files to system path and add the System Variables – “/lib”

However, Windows System Variables cannot accept the “/” mark, but “” instead.

Please clarify if the document is wrong, or there is something else.

Future visitors that see this forum post:

I encountered this error because I had missed the instruction to install zlib as described in these instructions for installing cuDNN. The instructions tell you to add the path of the zlibwapi.dll to your PATH, which wasn’t enough to get the error to resolve. Once I copied zlibwapi.dll to the /bin directory of my NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit, the error was resolved and learning could proceed ^_^.

1 Like

I’m facing the same issue. My zlibwapi.dll is in the /bin folder and I added it to the Path environment variable. I still get this error.