Nsight systems iostream error

I’m trying to profile a deep learning workload on Jetson AGX Orin using nsight systems. Towards the end of the run, I see the following error. Please advise.

ERROR: /build/agent/work/323cb361ab84164c/QuadD/Common/ProcessWaiter/Src/POSIX/ProcessWaiterImpl.cpp(318): Throw in function void QuadDCommon::ProcessWaiter::ProcessWaiterImpl::WriteTerminationStatusToFile(const QuadDCommon::ProcessWaiter::TerminationStatus&)
Dynamic exception type: boost::wrapexceptQuadDCommon::WriteStreamException
std::exception::what: WriteStreamException
[QuadDCommon::tag_message*] = Failed to write termination status to file
[QuadDCommon::tag_file_name*] = /home/dream-orin3/nsight-tmp/nsys_termination_status_24054
[QuadDCommon::tag_errno_text*] = Dynamic exception type: std::__ios_failure
std::exception::what: basic_ios::clear: iostream error

Any solutions to this?

Your topic was posted in the wrong category. I am moving this to the Jetson AGX Orin category for visibility.

1 Like

Hi,

Could you share the command you used with us?

Based on the error log:

Failed to write termination status to file

Did you run the command with sudo? GPU profiling requires root privilege on Jetson.

Thanks.

Here is the command I used:
nsys profile --trace=cuda,nvtx,cublas,cudla,cusparse,cudnn,nvmedia --output=.nvvp python3 <workload.py> duration=0

Do CUDA traces require sudo access too? In the past, I have used the same command without sudo but didn’t run into the iostream error. This error started showing up a few days ago.

Hi

Yes, please sudo nsys ... to get the GPU trace for profiling.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.