NvAPI_Disp_GetHdrCapabilities(V3) does not have any Hdr10Plus on, while EDID has it

Hi, I’ve tried with the latest R525 to get TV specs, at first. NvAPI_Disp_GetHdrCapabilities() sees the Dolby Vision, but not HDR10+ of my Philips TV.
Parsing EDID, I get Vendor-Specific Video Data Block (HDR10+), OUI 90-84-8B.

Isn’t that the source of info for NvAPI_Disp_GetHdrCapabilities() ?

Dear @florinsasu

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA developer forum.
Our technical team has received your query and we will get back to you after initial investigation.

Thanks,
NVAPI Forum Moderator

1 Like

Dear @florinsasu

Our technical team has suggested to use the R525 version of NVAPI SDK available at https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworksdownload#?search=nvapi.

The structure ‘NV_HDR_CAPABILITIES_V3’ available in the NVAPI header (nvapi.h) contains HDR10+ related fields. The nvapi.h also has some documentation related to HDR10+ /HDR10PLUS.

Our team has also mentioned that both HDR and HDR10+ might not be available in the TVs EDID by default. Out of the box most TVs ship with HDMI 1.4 EDID (no HDR) for legacy compatibility reasons, the users need to enable HDMI 2.0 capabilities in the TV settings for HDMI connector ( different OEM use different names – Enhanced HDMI signal format, Input Signal Plus, HDMI UHD Color, and so on).
To expose HDR10+ GAMING capabilities some TVs require enabling a Gaming mode.

Thanks,
NVAPI Forum Moderator

Hi @planke

as mentioned in the first post, I’m already on R525 and using NV_HDR_CAPABILITIES_V3.

My Philips TV has “HDMI Ultra HD” mode set to Optimal (ie. “to enable the highest quality HDMI signal for 4K Ultra HD and HDR content, 4K60 4:4:4, 4K60 10-bit HDR”).
In the NV_EDID_V3 obtained with NvAPI_GPU_GetEDID(), sizeofEDID = 0x100, I get the bytes: E5 01|8B 84 90|01, which translate to HDR10+ vendor block, application version 1.
TV specs include Dolby Vision and HDR10+, but not HDR10+ Gaming. I was expecting isDolbyVisionSupported & isHdr10PlusSupported to be 1 and isHdr10PlusGamingSupported to be 0.
I’ve tried with both values for driverExpandDefaultHdrParameters, but only isDolbyVisionSupported is 1.

Please advise. Thank you.

Dear @florinsasu

Thank you for the additional details. We have passed these details to our team and will let you know once we have an update.

Thanks,
NVAPI Forum Moderator

1 Like

Dear @florinsasu

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Developer Forum.
Our team has received your query and they have acknowledged this issue. The fix for this will be targeted in the future driver release. We will update you once the driver with the fix is available.

Thank you.
NVAPI Forum Moderator

1 Like

Starting with 545.84 version, it does recognize HDR10+ capability. Problem solved.

btw: that wk0189713 user(?) post sounds a lot like an AI bot rephrase of my initial post.

It is. This forum has a bot problem. Someone using it to train and test an AI it looks like.

1 Like

We have informed the forum administrator about the BOT issue and action is being taken on such accounts.

Thank you.
NvAPI Forum Moderator

1 Like

That account has been deleted.

1 Like