Cannot turn off Dolby Vision HDR mode after calling NvAPI_Disp_HdrColorControl with NV_HDR_MODE_DOLBY_VISION

Hi, I’m working with Dolby to implement Dolby Vision HDMI pass-through on the Nvidia cards. In their sample code, it uses NvAPI_Disp_HdrColorControl function with the .hdrMode field set to NV_HDR_MODE_DOLBY_VISION and that works, but to turn it off, it calls NvAPI_Disp_HdrColorControl with the NV_HDR_MODE_OFF value. This does not work and the attached TV remains in Dolby Vision mode with a black screen. Does anyone know how to reset or force the adapter back to the Windows desktop without HDR programmatically? Of course I have asked Dolby about this issue but they have referred me back to NVidia since it seems to be a driver issue. Already tried the latest driver.

Dear @chilongtsang

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA developer forum.
We have sent your query to the respective team for details and we will get back to you on same.

Thanks,
NVAPI Forum Moderator

Yes, only reboot helps. It is just funny! Xbox gaming NOT COMING ANYTIME soon I see! Mass Effect Andromeda is STILL BROKEN!

Ask Battlefield 1 with APItrace. They correctly exit it. Frostbite, AM I right?

Is this going to get fixed??

Dear @chilongtsang

Sorry for the delay from our side on attending this. We will do initial scrutiny of the concerned API and if required, we will ask you to file a support ticket.

Thank you.
NVAPI Forum Moderator

Don’t you want Xbox Dolby Vision Gaming working on windows 11?? You can search through normal nvidia forums or through Internet and see how many people complain that Mass Effect Andromeda Next Generation of Gaming | 4k Dolby Vision on PC tutorial 2020 - YouTube

It was removed from Anthem though.

You can still force Andromeda to work but it is hard, you need to select RGB full and then load in HDR10 but then switch to Dolby Vision.

Still, when you exit Mass effect you will get black screen which you can only fix while rebooting.