NvCudaRuntimeApi.rules missing in 4.0

I’ve just installed 4.0RC on a clean windows 7 x64 instalation and VS2008. But I can’t load the project because I don’t have this file.
and it’s nowhere to be found on my computer
Am I missing something here. it was there in 3.2… but?
I get a Custom build rules file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\VCProjectDefaults\NvCudaRuntimeApi.rules’ was not found or failed to load. when I try to open a SDK example
KG

If you did install the toolkit, the file should be in place by right. However, if it’s due to other reasons… delete the custom build rule that leads to the invalid file and add an existing one with this path \cudatoolkitpath\4.0\extras\visual_studio_integration\rules*the rule file you want

I also met with this problem when I installed cuda4.0. The following is my solution, it goes well in my computer, maybe you could try.

Step1:Copy the rules files, which in my computer is in C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v4.0\extras\visual_studio_integration\rules to the VS2008 installation directory,which in my computer is I:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\VCProjectDefaults;

Step2:Open a SDK project in VS2008, for example clock.sln, open “custom build rule”,select “NvCudaRuntimeApi.rules”.

Then you can run the SDK, everything is OK!

Did this ever get fixed. I just had to go thru the same process a year after this post.
It does say in one of the README files about how to make this work, but it really should be more transparent.