NVIDIA 440.82 Driver Causing X Error (BadValue)

Hello,

I just updated to Nvidia 440.82 driver on my Arch Linux system, and I noticed that I have been getting weird issues on couple of issues.

For instance, when I start glxinfo, I get the following error (which is also what I get in some other programs as well):

name of display: :0
X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 151 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 24 (X_GLXCreateNewContext)
Value in failed request: 0x0
Serial number of failed request: 96
Current serial number in output stream: 97

Compton compositor also seems to be having some issue (Segmentation fault caused by X_GLXCreateNewContext).

Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post. You will have to rename the file ending to something else since the forum software doesn’t accept .gz files (nifty!).

Hi! I ran the script and attached the output (just removed the .gz file extension). nvidia-bug-report.log (317.4 KB)

Furthermore, I added the following to the xorg.conf and rebooted my system, and it seems like I am no longer seeing the issue…:

Section "ServerFlags"  
    Option "AllowIndirectGLX" "on"  
    Option "IndirectGLX" "on"  
EndSection  

You’re now using indirect glx, shouldn’t be used. It’s an interesting workaround for the real problem, though:
NVRM: API mismatch: the client has the version 440.82, but
NVRM: this kernel module has the version 440.64. Please
NVRM: make sure that this kernel module and all NVIDIA driver
NVRM: components have the same version.
please uninstall/ cleanly reinstall the driver.

Ah, clean uninstall and then reinstalling the driver seemed to have done the job haha… Thanks!