Nvidia 304.131 x forwarding on SSH error

Hello,

My graphics card is Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI and I’ve just installed its driver from Nvidia site (NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-304.131) which supports that rather old graphics card.
My system is running on Debian Linux 8.3 (Jessie) 64-bit.

Before describing my problem, I should mention that before installing Nvidia driver I’ve used the nouveau linux driver which worked fine with X-forwarding graphics but did me other troubles with certain graphics software.

My problem is with X forwarding graphics using the SSH -X command to a remote server running RHEL 6.6.
For example, running glxinfo/glxgears which works perfectly on my local machine, give the following error while running using ssh -X from remote machine:

LibGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
X Error of failed requestL BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)

The driver support readme file says something about direct and indirect rendering using the ‘AllowIndirectGLXProtocol’ option which should be added to xorg.conf but this option doesn’t seem to effect
on the current status. Runing glxinfo locally (without SSH) gives me the status: direct rendering: Yes.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

John J