NVIDIA Drivers for deepstream with 3060TI

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) GPU
• DeepStream Version 6.2
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) Data Center 525.85.12
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) Questions.
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing) Install ubuntu 22.04 LTS, and later Install ubuntu 22.04 and then follow the steps in the official guide.

Hello to all. I have an NVIDIA 3060Ti and I want to try NVIDIA Deepstream SDK. But when I install the drivers according to this guide ( Quickstart Guide — DeepStream 6.2 Release documentation (nvidia.com)) , when I reboot it doesn’t load gdm and I get a purple screen. what can I do?

I’m using Ubuntu 20.04 lts and I can’t install the drivers recommended in this guide in any way.

When I do a clean install of ubuntu 22.04 LTS, I mark install third-party drivers in the installation itself and then follow the steps in the official guide.

Thank you in advance.

Moving to “Driver - Linux, Windows, MacOS” forum for better support on the driver installation issue (525.85.12), thank you.

Hi @oriaj3, can you please check this post

and share the nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file here?

Some other comments:

• Is the “purple screen” you mention the login screen? If you get into a gdm/X11 login loop your driver installation is broken and you should do a clean re-install
  • Do you have secure boot enabled? Then you MUST make sure you followed the signing/authentication process of Ubuntu in all details. Authentication after the fact is rather complex.
  • You list “Data Center 525.85.12” as your driver. That is definitely incorrect for a 3060Ti.

I want to use Deepstream 6.2 with the RTX 3060Ti and those are the drivers recommended in the guide. Isn’t the RTX 3060Ti compatible with Deepstream?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, the RTX 3060TI should support DeepStream as well.

The “recommended driver” is usually the one that is the version number you should “at least” install. If it is easier to install a newer driver, that should not cause a problem.

However, installing Linux drivers can easily cause issues if one is not too familiar with how Driver, Desktop manager and X11 display server work together in Linux.

That is why I asked the above questions which will help better to understand what might have gone wrong.

Great, so I’m going to start a clean install of Ubuntu 20.04, install the latest drivers and probably the problem is the installation of the Data Center 525.85.12 drivers.

Thank you very much.

When installing the driver through Ubuntu 3rd party apps, make sure to follow the installation instructions by Ubuntu to the letter, especially if you have secure boot enabled and need to sign the driver.

Also, you will need to reboot in-between since Ubuntu needs to unload certain kernel modules.

I hope this will solve your Ubuntu issues!

Thank you all very much, this time I tried to put directly the official drivers from the repository but the proprietary ones from the ubuntu drivers configuration and then I followed the official deepstream installation guide, without modifying the drivers and everything worked perfectly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.