Nvidia-smi shows "devices were not found" GeForce GTX 1660 TI Mobile, Ubuntu. after installation of lm-sensors

Good time of the day,

I installed ‘lm-sensors,’ and problems started arising. Power usage increased, and the laptop became hotter than usual, even when watching a film. External monitors are not recognized when connected through the HDMI port. Laptop now hangs suddenly from time to time.

I attempted to reinstall Windows/Ubuntu from scratch with different drivers, but the issue persisted. I also conducted a built-in BIOS hardware check and used Dell Support Assistant on Windows. Both tools did not detect any problems with the Nvidia GPU.

Laptop model: DELL G3 3500
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (266.5 KB)

Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? Is it possible to roll back changes made by lm-sensors to the GPU If such was made? Is it possubke to reset GPU the factory settings? I tried to find a solution on the lm-sensors GitHub page, but without success.

I would greatly appreciate any kind of help or suggestions you might have. Thank you in advance for your assistance…

[    6.232239] NVRM: GPU 0000:01:00.0: RmInitAdapter failed! (0x25:0xffff:1470)
[    6.232270] NVRM: GPU 0000:01:00.0: rm_init_adapter failed, device minor number 0

I’d say your nvidia gpu is broken.
lm-sensors doesn’t make any changes, it just probes for sensors with sensors-detect.
Only thing you could try is resetting the mainboard by removing power and battery then press and hold the power button for 30 sec to discharge the mainboard.