NVIDIA Tesla K80 for ML RIG? ML Hardware Suggestions

I’m a grad student who want to build a ML rig on the cheap. NVIDIA tesla K80 seem to be a cheap/good option. I am aware that there are cooling issues, since the designed to be a data center. However, I’ve read that there are 3rd party fans that work well. Also is a possible to use multiple NVIDIA Tesla K80? This is the build I was thinking of: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x Noctua NH-U9S MSI PRO B550-VC G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 4x16GB MLLSE AMD RX 550 4GB(Display only) NVIDIA Tesla K80(1 OR 2?) CORSAIR RM1000x SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 1TB SSD Seagate Firecuda 4TB HDD

Planning only so far. Looking for suggestions.

Hi there @azizusman868 and welcome to the NVIDIA developer forums.

I cannot give you any kind of suggestions in this context since NVIDIA does not officially support the kind of setup you have in mind. And as a Disclaimer please be aware that running Server GPUs in a Desktop system is not recommended.

That said, please keep in mind that mixing brands in the same system, especially a consumer GPU and Datacenter GPUs will be very challenging. It is highly unlikely to get Linux running on this “Out of the box”. Especially since the last Kepler series Linux drivers are the 470.xx series drivers. We are at 53x series now. So there might be issues with newer Linux kernels.

Good luck!