Nvidia Visual Profiler nvvp

Hi,

I cannot find the nvvp on my Nvidia Drive AGX !
I read that it should be a part of the CUDA toolkit.

I can find the nvprof under /usr/local/cuda/bin but I didn’t find the nvvp.
I tried to install it using this command line

sudo apt install nvidia-visual-profiler (and it is not working on the drive AGX)

I got an error “E: Unable to locate package nvidia-visual-profiler”

I used the same command line to install the nvvp on another Linux-ubuntu based machine (that doesn’t include any GPU) and that works fine.

My last question is about the nvvp/nvprof : Can I use the NVIDIA profilers to profile a pure CPU application (a c/c++ code without any cuda ) ?
If yes what kind of metrics I can profile?

Thanks!

Hi anfel.kammoun,

Have you solved your problem? It looks yes becasue your already accepted your initial post.

Hi,

No I did not solve the problem.

I am always waiting for your support.

I accepted the post by mistake !

Thank you.

Hi anfel.kammoun,

Could you try with Nsight Eclipse Edition bundled in NVIDIA CUDA Toolkit? It is part of Drive Software. You can also consult “Development and Debugging Setup” in the page for reference.

On ubuntu 18.04 host, you should install JRE and run nsight with below commands.

$ sudo apt install openjdk-8-jdk
$ nsight -vm /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java

If any further problems, you can consult the user guide first.

Hi,

I have already installed openjdk-8-jdk because I needed it for the Jenkins server.

I searched for the nsight on the Drive AGX, and it is not a part of the NVIDIA CUDA Toolkit !

I can not find the nsight and the nvvp under the /usr/local/cuda-10.0/bin or /usr/local/cuda/bin on the NVIDIA drive AGX !

However, I do have these two packages on my Linux x86_64 host machine under /usr/local/cuda-10.0/bin

I have the Drive Software 9.0 installed.

What I would like to do is to profile only a CPU application written in C/C++ using the nvidia profilers is it possible ?

Thank you!
Anfel,

Please follow the page to remotely profile your application from your host system.