Old mix, NVS 310 and Tesla M1060

I thought there was a driver that’d support both the NVS 310 and the M1060, but I don’t see any teslas listed under the support for any of the nvidia drivers. I know these are old devices, but I could have sworn they were supported together at one point. I don’t care how old my driver needs to be, I just can’t seem to find one that supports both.

Can I assume that any Quadro NVS driver that supports the 310 can also support the M1060?

Thank you.

The driver that shipped with the CUDA 6.0 toolkit or CUDA 6.5 toolkit should support both.

No you can’t assume any Quadro NVS driver that supports the 310 can also support the M1060.

M1060 is a CUDA compute capability 1.3 device. Support for these devices was dropped, both from the driver, and from the CUDA toolkit, in the CUDA 7.0 timeframe.

NVS is a cc 2.1 device, it is still supported by current drivers. So a modern r352 or r361 driver for example might support NVS310 but definitely would not support M1060.

Interesting, thanks for your help!

Does the CUDA Toolkit include the driver (meaning if I get my hands on the 6.5 Cuda Toolkit, I don’t need to install a separate driver package?

Thanks again.

On windows, the exe(local) installer includes a bundled driver, which it will usually offer to install. The (exe)network method will probably not install a driver if it finds an acceptable one already present. I don’t have the specific heuristics of the network installer.

On Linux, the runfile installer method includes a bundled driver, which it will usually offer to install.

The package manager installer method also will automatically install a driver if needed (although I can’t describe the specifics of the package structure).