I am trying to connect Isaac Sim and VSCode with this tutorial: Running Python Code from External Editors — Omniverse IsaacSim latest documentation. However, I am not able to find the extension omni.isaac.vscode which is needed to open VSCode and create the connection between VSCode and Isaac Sim. Is there a workaround for this such that I can code in VSCode and see the results in Isaac Sim?
Are you using Isaac Sim 4.0?
I am using 2023.1.1 which is the one that was automatically selected when installing. I see a release option of 4.0.0, should I install this one instead? Or is 2023.1.1 the same?
The omni.isaac.vscode was added in version 4.0.0.
As a recommendation, always use the most recent version.
- 4.0.0 is the most recent version
- 2023.1.1 was the previous, and last one to use the year as the version scheme.
See Release Notes — Omniverse IsaacSim latest documentation for more details
I’ll give that a try, thank you so much! Also, would you happen to know the steps to getting Isaac Sim in conda with Windows? It seems like the setup_conda_env.py file is missing (same issue as posted here: Running Isaac Sim with Conda on Windows). Is this something that would work with the latest 4.0.0?