ONNX parse problem with TopK

Description

Hi,
I’m trying to convert a ssd onnx model to trt with onnx2trt exection file.
Because it has NonMaxSuppresion in the model, I made a plugin which inheritances IPluginV2DynamicExt to support dynamic shape.
After NonMaxSuppression it was abort at TopK layer and gives the message as below:

While parsing node number 498 [TopK → “TopK_717”]:
ERROR: /home/u5393118/TensorRT/parsers/onnx/builtin_op_importers.cpp:3283 In function importTopK:
[8] Assertion failed: inputs.at(1).is_weights()

I’m not sure if modify TopK op will solve this issue or I shouldn’t modify it since it was built in op.
Or other solution is recommended?

Thank you.

Environment

TensorRT Version : 7.0.0-1
GPU Type : Tesla V100
Nvidia Driver Version : 450.51.05
CUDA Version : 11.0
CUDNN Version :
Operating System + Version : ubuntu 18.04
Python Version (if applicable) : 3.6.9
TensorFlow Version (if applicable) :
PyTorch Version (if applicable) :
Baremetal or Container (if container which image + tag) :

Relevant Files

ONNX model is downloaded from https://github.com/onnx/models/tree/master/vision/object_detection_segmentation/ssd

NonMaxSuppressionPlugin.cpp (7.4 KB) CMakeLists.txt (732 Bytes) NonMaxSuppressionPlugin.h (3.7 KB) builtin_op_importers.cpp (165.4 KB)

Steps To Reproduce

1. In plugin folder mkdir NonMaxSuppressionPlugin
  2. Add file CMakeList.txt and NonMaxSuppressionPlugin.cpp and NonMaxSuppressionPlugin.h
  3. Modify parsers/onnx/builtin_op_importers.cpp
  4. Add initializePlugin< nvinfer1::plugin::NonMaxSuppressionPluginCreator >(logger, libNamespace) in InferPlugin.cpp
  5. Add NonMaxSuppression in CMakeList.txt in TensorRT/Plugin
  6. Run make and make install in TensorRT/build/
  7. Rebuild libnvinfer.so and libnvonnxparser.so
  8. Copy .so file in 7 to /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
  9. Change to bin/ run onnx2trt ssd-10.onnx -o ssd.trt

Hi, Request you to share the ONNX model and the script so that we can assist you better.

Alongside you can try validating your model with the below snippet

check_model.py

import sys
import onnx
filename = yourONNXmodel
model = onnx.load(filename)
onnx.checker.check_model(model).

Alternatively, you can try running your model with trtexec command.
https://github.com/NVIDIA/TensorRT/tree/master/samples/opensource/trtexec

Thanks!

Thanks for reply,
I have tried the onnx checker and no error was reported.

The model file has error when I upload the file from my PC.
Here’s the download link:

Thank you,
Kevin.

Hi @disculus2012,

Please share Verbose log to debug.

Thank you.

Hi, I also meat this problem when convert pytorch to trt.
The pytorch model have converted to onnx format and
checked by onnx.checker.check_model with no errors.
And I have updata TensorRT-7 to TensorRT-8, it seams support topk ops. but still have error like this:

ModelImporter.cpp:744: ERROR: builtin_op_importers.cpp:4176 In function importTopK:[8] Assertion failed: (inputs.at(1).is_weights()) && “This version of TensorRT only supports input K as an initializer.”

it seams like initializer problem. Please give me some advice to solve this problem.

This is because your “K” of Topk layer in your model is dynamic value.
For example, your sort something with a rule that output size may be different.
TensorRT runtime only support the K value is constant. It means you must make sure your ouput is not dynamic.
Issue here.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply! I will check the output size.

Hi, In my model K of topk layer is a constant value. it’s a int number. I don’t think it’s dynamic. but still has the problem:

ERROR: builtin_op_importers.cpp:4176 In function importTopK:
[8] Assertion failed: (inputs.at(1).is_weights()) && “This version of TensorRT only supports input K as an initializer.”

Have you checked in --verbose mode?
Make sure what happened in which layer.
In my case, sometimes even though onnx show the constant K, but it wasn’t act properly when I converted it.

Yes, I use the verbose mode. follows are logs,
I’m sure K in topK of torch is constant. I understand that after converted to onnx, it might be a tensor but not a constant, follows the explanation of [In function importTopK: [8] Assertion failed: inputs.at(1).is_weights() · Issue #455 · onnx/onnx-tensorrt · GitHub]
Is there any method to make it as a constant in onnx?

[05/10/2021-15:02:40] [E] [TRT] ModelImporter.cpp:738: While parsing node number 256 [TopK → “576”]:
[05/10/2021-15:02:40] [E] [TRT] ModelImporter.cpp:739: — Begin node —
[05/10/2021-15:02:40] [E] [TRT] ModelImporter.cpp:740: input: “572”
input: “575”
output: “576”
output: “577”
op_type: “TopK”
attribute {
name: “axis”
i: -1
type: INT
}
attribute {
name: “largest”
i: 1
}
attribute {
name: “sorted”
}

[05/10/2021-15:02:40] [E] [TRT] ModelImporter.cpp:741: — End node —
[05/10/2021-15:02:40] [E] [TRT] ModelImporter.cpp:744: ERROR: builtin_op_importers.cpp:4176 In function importTopK:
[8] Assertion failed: (inputs.at(1).is_weights()) && “This version of TensorRT only supports input K as an initializer.”
[05/10/2021-15:02:40] [E] Failed to parse onnx file
[05/10/2021-15:02:40] [E] Parsing model failed

Hi, could you check the logs more previous. Check that input shape and output shape in this layer whether they are same as the model showed in netron.
Also check the K in netron if it is constant.

Hi, thank you for your advice. Solving it by using opset_version 9.

Hello,
Please I am having the same problem.
How do I go about to fix it.

The error is as shown below, thanks

Input filename: /content/nvidia/updated_model2.onnx
ONNX IR version: 0.0.7
Opset version: 11
Producer name:
Producer version:
Domain:
Model version: 0
Doc string:

WARNING: ONNX model has a newer ir_version (0.0.7) than this parser was built against (0.0.6).
[2021-07-26 12:40:26 INFO] [MemUsageChange] Init CUDA: CPU +0, GPU +0, now: CPU 0, GPU 254 (MiB)
Parsing model
[2021-07-26 12:40:26 WARNING] /content/nvidia/onnx-tensorrt/onnx2trt_utils.cpp:364: Your ONNX model has been generated with INT64 weights, while TensorRT does not natively support INT64. Attempting to cast down to INT32.
[2021-07-26 12:40:26 WARNING] /content/nvidia/onnx-tensorrt/onnx2trt_utils.cpp:390: One or more weights outside the range of INT32 was clamped
While parsing node number 255 [TopK → “StatefulPartitionedCall/Postprocessor/BatchMultiClassNonMaxSuppression/MultiClassNonMaxSuppression/SortByField/TopKV2:0”]:
— Begin node —
input: “StatefulPartitionedCall/Postprocessor/BatchMultiClassNonMaxSuppression/MultiClassNonMaxSuppression/Select:0”
input: “Unsqueeze__600:0”
output: “StatefulPartitionedCall/Postprocessor/BatchMultiClassNonMaxSuppression/MultiClassNonMaxSuppression/SortByField/TopKV2:0”
output: “StatefulPartitionedCall/Postprocessor/BatchMultiClassNonMaxSuppression/MultiClassNonMaxSuppression/SortByField/TopKV2:1”
name: “StatefulPartitionedCall/Postprocessor/BatchMultiClassNonMaxSuppression/MultiClassNonMaxSuppression/SortByField/TopKV2”
op_type: “TopK”
attribute {
name: “sorted”
}

— End node —
ERROR: /content/nvidia/onnx-tensorrt/builtin_op_importers.cpp:4293 In function importTopK:

I 've been struggling with the same error. Any solution?

Environment

TensorRT Version : 8.0.1.6
GPU Type : Nvidia 2060
Nvidia Driver Version : 470.57.02
CUDA Version : 11.3.1
CUDNN Version :8.2.2
Operating System + Version : ubuntu 20.02
Python Version (if applicable) : 3.8.5

Steps to reproduce:

trtexec --onnx=model_simplified.onnx

Relevant FIles

Here