OpenCL on a MacBook with GeForce 320m

Hi,

I’ve just bought a new MacBook which has a GeForce 320m GPU and is running OS X (10.6.3). I’ve set it up for CUDA development and everything works properly however I’m having problems getting OpenCL working.

When I try to build the SDK examples I get the following errors:

Chris-Shares-MacBook:OpenCL cpsmusic$ make
src/oclUtils.cpp: In function ‘void oclPrintDevInfo(int, _cl_device_id*)’:
src/oclUtils.cpp:282: error: ‘CL_DEVICE_COMPUTE_CAPABILITY_MAJOR_NV’ was not declared in this scope
src/oclUtils.cpp:283: error: ‘CL_DEVICE_COMPUTE_CAPABILITY_MINOR_NV’ was not declared in this scope
src/oclUtils.cpp:290: error: ‘CL_DEVICE_REGISTERS_PER_BLOCK_NV’ was not declared in this scope
src/oclUtils.cpp:294: error: ‘CL_DEVICE_WARP_SIZE_NV’ was not declared in this scope
src/oclUtils.cpp:298: error: ‘CL_DEVICE_GPU_OVERLAP_NV’ was not declared in this scope
src/oclUtils.cpp:302: error: ‘CL_DEVICE_KERNEL_EXEC_TIMEOUT_NV’ was not declared in this scope
src/oclUtils.cpp:306: error: ‘CL_DEVICE_INTEGRATED_MEMORY_NV’ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [obj/release/oclUtils.cpp.o] Error 1
make: *** [common/liboclUtil.so] Error 2

Any idea what’s going on here?

I’m also having some problems with Apple’s OpenCL sample code (but I think that is a problem for a different forum!).

One thing I’ve noticed is that in the CUDA System Preferences I’m getting a message saying that an update is required, while at the same time the dialog says that the software is up-to-date…hmmm.

Cheers,

Chris